Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of spare tire carrier do you filks use, need to get one but wondered what is out there that works good.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
The one you have already works very nicely.

Reactions: Blochd63

·
Registered
32 Posts
775 hitch.
Can't remember AM tire holder company but I can find it u need.

Can see out rear view mirror and my yeti fits in there just nicely now.

We go to Moab twice a year. It never gets in the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Emelk1, is the way the spare covers the taillights exaggerated in the pic? That just looks like a very bad idea.

Reactions: Blochd63

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pic doesn't show it well but u can still see the outside edges of them.

I don't use brakes, just the long skinny pedal!

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
I'm thinking more of an emergency situation where you have to stand hard on the brakes, and what might happen if there is someone close behind you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The sxs extream tire mount is the best for me. I can see under the tire with my rearview mirror I can still get things in my trunk

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
To me, it just seemed better to put the spare in the bed and do a custom rack for the cooler and other stuff we carry. The tubes have folding camp chairs, not axles. There is room for a 5 gallon gas can between the cooler and the winch. The cooler location was chosen carefully so it had minimal impact on what the driver can see.

The rack uses the OEM spare attachment point. I can have it off in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the tire in the bed and use the Tusk rack. Works great. No issues with catching branches while trail riding. Adds about 100 pounds not including the tire. I made the light bar to match the contour of the Tusk rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put the tire in the bed and use the Tusk rack. Works great. No issues with catching branches while trail riding. Adds about 100 pounds not including the tire. I made the light bar to match the contour of the Tusk rack.
I've been looking at the Tusk Rack and was thinking the spare tire should fit on it, my reason is I bought one of those soft luggage carrier's that straps to the top of a car and it works great for keeping my stuff dry and clean, also it fits pretty good in the bed. Think the spare would fit on the rack, looks like it should.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
The Tusk rack weighs nearly 100 lbs? Damn! I've never weighed my rack, but with the cooler and winch removed (but the tubes and camp chairs still on it), I have no problem reaching in and "curling" it up and out.

I'm sure the spare would fit on the Tusk rack, but unless your soft luggage can be squeezed out from underneath it, you're going to have to deal with ~140 lbs every time you need to get to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts