Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking on the site for a couple years. I need to get a spare tire mounted somewhere. I know it's been discussed before. I have a 2014 trail xt all black. I keep a plano tote,recommended on this site, in the box. I do not have down bars but was thinking about one mounted on the hitch where the spare would be behind the box. I have also seen a few where the spare is on a rack which sits well above the box but I worry about height clearance. Do you guys have any suggestions? Pics are helpful too.

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
on the early trails the hitch was a issue on accepting weight like that...believe some gusseted it big time with a welder...i believe someone out there makes a rack that fits above the back bed and ties in to the rear rops/cage...just don't recall who though...

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
pm sent...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes no problem. I'll get some measurements and forward along. I added some bike innertube stretched over the hitch so it doesn't rattle in the receiver and have ordered a hitch tightener to keep it all solid. So far so good !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts