Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchased the Speed ECU Performance 2 tune for my XX. On Speed SxS website they tell you there is a 3-5 day turn around and to write your name on the ECU with a Sharpie. I assumed that is because they send it back to you. Oh no. I got a different ECU. No biggie until I plugged it in. Runs great but now my hours are 3x what they actually are.I guess the Odometer is saved in the dash display but engine hours are saved in the ECU. I have called and emailed Speed with no response from them. This is the second time I've had to reach out to them and the second time I have not received any response. Very poor custormer service response. If Speed reaches out to me I will ask them to send me back my original ECU and problem solved. If they just give you another ECU that should be an option you can select if you choose to with the understanding that your engine hours will be different. They should not do that without the customers knowledge. Anyone else have this experience? Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Happened to me also and was not impressed with the re flash. Ended up buying a new box and will be sending it off to speedwerx later this winter.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them they always called me back even Todd Romano called me once about a seat I ordered their probably busy building their speed buggies hope you get everything straightened out

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Wow. What a cluster ^#*(.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
But I have to say Ive had great support from them also..Todd has called me personally on stuff,Gina has messaged me also on issues with orders..just didnt like the results of the re flash and not getting my box back..

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Why would they have you sharpie your name on the ecu and not keep track of it so you get your hours(data) back on your ecu. POOR ORGANIZATION on their part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hate to hear this... I just sent my ECU into Alba for a tune with a new exhaust. Fingers crossed I do not have this issue with the hrs/ODO wrong when I receive the ECU back. Ugh.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had no issue with ALBA, they did a great job

Reactions: Generalg40

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them they always called me back even Todd Romano called me once about a seat I ordered their probably busy building their speed buggies hope you get everything straightened out
I was able to get a hold of Todd through fb messenger of all places. Not sure why I'm not getting anything back from their email though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Evo tune was on the top of my list as well. They offer that QSK feature and when I asked Speed if they do that, Todd responded with no because that delayed start is there to build up oil pressure before the engine fires. Thought that was a pretty good reason especially since these things run at such high RPMs. I asked Evo if I could get their 3R tune without the QSK feature and they told me no. So, I went with Speed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had great luck with EVO and the 3R tune is a very nice upgrade.
The Evo tune was on the top of my list as well. They offer that QSK feature and when I asked Speed if they do that, Todd responded with no because that delayed start is there to build up oil pressure before the engine fires. Thought that was a pretty good reason especially since these things run at such high RPMs. I asked Evo if I could get their 3R tune without the QSK feature and they told me no. So, I went with Speed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would they have you sharpie your name on the ecu and not keep track of it so you get your hours(data) back on your ecu. POOR ORGANIZATION on their part.
So I just got off the phone with a Customer Service Rep that surprisingly is semi local to me up at their Orange County shop I guess. Anyways, he said they never give you back your own ECU. I asked why write your name on it then and he didn't really have a good answer. Said it was to keep track of the order. Huh? So I guess I just have to do the math all of the time now to keep track of my maintenance etc.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I call BS. I have had several flashes from different places and always have received my ecu back. I do know Speedwerx flash is actually EVO's.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
What didn't you like about the Speed tune?
I felt the performance went backwards. I also got their clutch kit, also lost top end. When the magnets started to fall apart, I took it all out.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
... Todd responded with no because that delayed start is there to build up oil pressure before the engine fires.,,
Thanks for mentioning that. My knee-jerk reaction was "That's BS!". Then I visited the Evo website, and learned that they have eliminated a second delay - the one between the starter running and allowing the engine to fire. I hate the first delay, but the second one allows the engine to build oil pressure and seems worthwhile.

Since this kinda turned into a re-flash thread, does anyone include an adjustment for taller tires in their flash?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My EVO tune still cranks for enough time to build oil PSI. In fact I don't notice that it starts much faster at all. EVO sends your ECU back as well no games like Speed seems to have.

If you don't properly clutch the machine for the increased power you will not see a performance gain. You need to put the power to the ground. Clutching is super important.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I call BS. I have had several flashes from different places and always have received my ecu back. I do know Speedwerx flash is actually EVO's.
I wish it were. Call them for yourself and ask about the process.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I felt the performance went backwards. I also got their clutch kit, also lost top end. When the magnets started to fall apart, I took it all out.
Bummer. I only did the tune and exhaust. I am going to take it out for the first time around Vets day so I'm hoping I have better luck with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts