Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the middle of reassembling our XX from having the transaxle rebuilt. While the car was apart I decided to upgrade(hopefully) known wear/issue parts. I installed the 775 motor/transaxle mount(BTW excellent customer service a just as excellent parts),Speedwerx PTO shaft(again great customer service and parts) and also doing the Speed Water Pump. I did all of these since I had the inner CVT cover off for replacement. Im looking for anyone that has done the Speed water pump swap,had a few questions as did you replace all of the bearings,shaft seals,mechanical seals? Or did you just swap the impeller?
if you did swap out all of the bearings and seals please let me know the easiest way to remove the original ones. The mechanical seal almost seems to be pressed fit. Thanks Wildcatforum!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I replaced everything that the kit came with. None of it was hard. I can't recall on how the bearings came out or in sorry. The only thing that was not clear was the shaft seal that sits underneath the impeller in the housing. It's not even clearly shown on the fiche for OEM parts because it comes with the OEM impeller if you were to purchase it. Other than that, it is pretty much a cut and dry process. Also make sure you are TDC if you aren't already. Makes getting the pump in and out difficult to impossible.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kurt for the info! Yes TDC was done first thing.
The seal underneath I thought was pretty simple(even though your correct on the vague instructions)I just removed the original then matched up the new stuff and installed the new seal on the new impeller. Like you mentioned I’ll just remove and replace everything. The way the mechanical seal is almost pressed fit leads me to think it must be a one time install deal. Thanks again for the help/info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m in the middle of reassembling our XX from having the transaxle rebuilt. While the car was apart I decided to upgrade(hopefully) known wear/issue parts. I installed the 775 motor/transaxle mount(BTW excellent customer service a just as excellent parts),Speedwerx PTO shaft(again great customer service and parts) and also doing the Speed Water Pump. I did all of these since I had the inner CVT cover off for replacement. Im looking for anyone that has done the Speed water pump swap,had a few questions as did you replace all of the bearings,shaft seals,mechanical seals? Or did you just swap the impeller?
if you did swap out all of the bearings and seals please let me know the easiest way to remove the original ones. The mechanical seal almost seems to be pressed fit. Thanks Wildcatforum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the 776 mounts after putting in new transaxle that I exploded on my 2018. Was worried about vibration but I don’t feel any excess and am very happy. Make sure you mark up down and left right on old ones so you know which is which. I also did a horse stall rubber pad mount under the transaxle. The large mat was cheaper than the Speed one. I cut two out and have the mat to use on garage floor or other projects. Skill saw works good for cutting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,I already have the mat. Left a message with the Speed team. Waiting for a call back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts