Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pluses and minuses of these two adjustable clutch kits? Has anybody weighed the cam arms with the different screws? If so post how many grams they are. How many rpms do you gain with the different screws from each kit.? Just trying to decide what to screw around with next.

·
Premium Member
8,075 Posts
don't know the technical stuff but the hybrid dalton clutch kit/speedwerx secondary spring worked great in our last trail...engine breaking was a vast improvement and engagement was super smooth...due to our elevation no weights were used in the dalton clutch kit so not sure at other elevations...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can't speak for Speedwerx, but I did buy the Dalton kit. Undeniably much better, smoother and faster acceleration, better back shifts.. im happy with it
Here's it in action

https://youtu.be/VresyPgImSY

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Can't comment on Speedwerx kit but the Dalton kit is huge improvement over stock. You can tune it to match the aggressiveness of your riding style.
I also have a Speedwerx secondary spring in mine but to be honest found the 20 or so lbs of extra tension almost unnoticeable. I run the 5/8" or 3/4" screw with very light 28" tires but I'm more of a cruising type driver as opposed to a corner to corner type of guy. One of the biggest plus's of the Dalton is the seals that go on the flyweights, dust is a big killer of flyweight bushings & I'm sure those little seals will extend the life of the bushings ten-fold.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got my speedwerx clutch kit adjusted so that when you mash the go fast pedal it goes to 7950 rpms then settles down to around 7750 and holds until going to top speed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What's your RPM's
I don't remember the exact numbers, but there's a very noticeable improvement with cruising. Keep in mind the Dalton kit is adjustable. Unless you're willing to spend more money, or plan on upping the tire size, I'm sure speedwerx's simple tension spring upgrade will make a difference

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't remember the exact numbers, but there's a very noticeable improvement with cruising. Keep in mind the Dalton kit is adjustable. Unless you're willing to spend more money, or plan on upping the tire size, I'm sure speedwerx's simple tension spring upgrade will make a difference
Speedwerx kit is fully adjustable also, you can change the tip weight by 3.4 grams using screws and washers. It also comes with a new primary and their legendary secondary spring.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Speedwerx kit is fully adjustable also, you can change the tip weight by 3.4 grams using screws and washers. It also comes with a new primary and their legendary secondary spring.
That's curious they would elect to position weights in the tip when that primarily controls mid range rpm instead of peak rpm :confused:
In that regard the Dalton kit makes more sense because their weights, while screwed in at the end, are screwed right in to the middle of the flyweight to control peak rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's curious they would elect to position weights in the tip when that primarily controls mid range rpm instead of peak rpm :confused:
In that regard the Dalton kit makes more sense because their weights, while screwed in at the end, are screwed right in to the middle of the flyweight to control peak rpm.
Speedwerx has different weights of the flyweight according to what you tell them you have(tire size,exhaust,etc.) then you can fine tune with the tip weight to get the sweet spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts