Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See "Speedwerx PTO Install - Step by Step - Part 1 through 3" for prior steps.

I use this special paint made by Dykem to easily see if this bolt has moved. I do this because I read on the Internet that it comes loose and that I can buy a thing that locks it, I don't know if it comes loose or not, but I don't want to have to first hand experience with it. Sometime soon I will buy a drill bit hard enough to drill that bolt and safety wire it to the clutch cover, problem solved.

Here is the fastener paint that I use.

Put the cover back on, reinstall any ductwork that you removed and reinstall the top of the shock and put your wheel on. I noticed an immediate difference as soon as I fired it up. The whole job took me about three hours, along with taking pictures, etc. I wasn't in a hurry, one could do it faster.

It looks to me like this is a case of parts bin engineering, the fact that the stock shaft has a key way in it tells me that it is used for another application as well. Perhaps something that doesn't require the amount of damping that this does. At any rate, the Speedwerx part is a big improvement, hopefully it will prove to be durable as well.

I hope this helps others understand what this part is, what the benefits are and why, and finally, how long is this going to take and what do I need to get it done.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
rtremaine, the noise reduction is significant. My XX sounded like a worn-out threshing machine at idle from day one. The Speedwerx PTO cuts it by 75 to 80%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts