Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I would like to upgrade my front brakes to help out with the extra weight before I really started looking at larger tires. I went for sport dual piston calipers which also included sport spindles. It cost me $150 total through ebay purchases and a straight forward swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice...I looked into this a while ago, but could not find any deals on ebay. When I was looking it was near $200 per caliper.

You will have to report back if there is a notice able difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 a piece for the knuckles and 26 a piece for the calipers. I did take me about 3 months to get all the parts. The brakes do seem to be stronger around the farm. I have not had it out on the trail yet. I felt that the brakes had a tendency to fade a little stock. I am hoping that this setup does not slide the front tires on slow down hill or try to saddlebag at speed. I would think the sport people would complain about both of these issues if they were indeed issues of this brake setup.

·
Registered
280 Posts
After a bit of fast riding, I can feel mine fade also. I agree with the sport people would complain as well. I believe they the trail/sport use the same master cylinder setup, so the proportioning should be the same as the sports.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had two outings in Wayne National Forest this weekend and like the upgrade. Excellent response, no fade, and no down side. Two thumbs up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts