Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody said they had this happen recently. To keep it from happening to me, I used a 3/8 bolt (with a couple washers to keep from loosening), then cut the bolt leaving enough threads, to tighten down to the hood a nice finished knob. I run the freeway's, and have riden all over the arizona desert trails, with no problems yet. If you have any question's, feel free to message me. John G.:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had that happen on the way home on the day I bought my trail. I used bolts and nuts and made studs with wing nuts to secure the new one. $250 problem fixed with stuff I saved from other projects. The factory design is horrible

·
Registered
561 Posts
Does it blow off when facing rearward, forward, or either one? I haven't had the chance to trailer my Trail yet, but I have checked the CG/tongue weight and can load it facing forward on my trailer. It's a Diamond C UTV trailer, the axles are set to the rear a bit.
Come to think of it, when I trailered it home from MLS on the U-haul trailer, the Trail was facing forward, and I had no problems at all.

Yes, pictures of your bolt system would be great!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I have a Dragonfire Intrusion Bar across the front of the windshield of my Trail and not only does it give me more strength on the roll cage,it also makes it alot harder to get the hood off.
I know it is definitely overkill but .......
It works

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is what I did for my hood, 1/4 20 clip on nut with this knob had to just trim the bottom of the knob a bit so it wouldn’t hit the seam in the hood, but it works great

·
Registered
119 Posts
Put the same thing on my windshield also as those clips holding that on used the same crappy pins as the hood

·
Registered
285 Posts
nice! I pretty much did the same thing except I used wingnuts instead of the fancy knobs. Im gona look for some knobs to use, that looks better than wing nuts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts