Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the better word to describe converting your trail to a sport? ;) Im in the process... Installed SATV 5" Long Travel Kit on my XT. Installing Bandit 240lb springs, 14x28's, Dalton clutch kit and wider sport fenders courtesy of awesome. Also, switched out the graphics from textron white to the green 2018 trail ones (the new front fenders are green, so I figured why not). I'll post some before and after pics once this winter project is completed - wish me luck folks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good luck, sounds like fun.

Reactions: diggman33

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
either the first two...don't want to think about the last one...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just tell everyone it's a Sport...don't want anyone to know you weren't smart enough to buy the best!
Lol...just messing with you, but ultimately nobody knows anything but RZR so they won't even care.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Don't call it "Karen!" :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Making progress... Front and rear fenders installed today, SATV Long Travel Kit installed in November, stock decals removed. Next up install the Bandit Springs, then the Dalton Clutch and finally the new shoes. On the fence about doing a 12mm conversion, looks like it could be a huge pita. Don't know if 6Gears on YouTube is on this forum, but I've been using referencing a bunch of his Sport vids - good stuff. Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just tell everyone it's a Sport...don't want anyone to know you weren't smart enough to buy the best!
Lol...just messing with you, but ultimately nobody knows anything but RZR so they won't even care.
Hahaha, good one!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Making progress... Front and rear fenders installed today, SATV Long Travel Kit installed in November, stock decals removed. Next up install the Bandit Springs, then the Dalton Clutch and finally the new shoes. On the fence about doing a 12mm conversion, looks like it could be a huge pita. Don't know if 6Gears on YouTube is on this forum, but I've been using referencing a bunch of his Sport vids - good stuff. Pics coming soon.
6gears from youtube is on here, he name is marc, if you’re looking for his posts, he got almost 3000 posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
do the stud upgrade. cost wise it's cheap insurance, but it is time consuming.

the biggest pain for me was getting the torx bolts out that hold the rotor on the hub. but i also have a drill press and shop press.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I finally installed my Bandit springs and bigger shoes. Next up, install the Dalton Clutch and the graphics and she'll be ready for mud season. Here are some pics of the progress:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, I have the following available for sale:
  • Original stock springs (orange)
  • 2018 Pearl white front fenders
  • 2018 Gloss black XT rear fenders with Arctic Cat Factory fender flares
  • Stock black alloy 12" wheels/Carlisle tires (325 miles on them)
Pics available upon request.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
BTW, I have the following available for sale:
  • Original stock springs (orange)
  • 2018 Pearl white front fenders
  • 2018 Gloss black XT rear fenders with Arctic Cat Factory fender flares
  • Stock black alloy 12" wheels/Carlisle tires (325 miles on them)
Pics available upon request.
Post these up in the parts for sale with prices.

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks great sometimes I wished I would have done that but I bought an x instead ?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks great! I love my Blackwater's and just had another set delivered a couple hours ago for my wife's machine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great! I love my Blackwater's and just had another set delivered a couple hours ago for my wife's machine.
Thanks Wired. Hey, I was poking around the forums and I noticed you did a rock light setup on your trail. I'm looking into doing the same on mine and was wondering where and how you mounted them. Also, did you run a relay or just tap into the harness?
Thanks! Steve

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks Wired. Hey, I was poking around the forums and I noticed you did a rock light setup on your trail. I'm looking into doing the same on mine and was wondering where and how you mounted them. Also, did you run a relay or just tap into the harness?
Thanks! Steve
For the front lights I just dropped a bolt through the light and a factory hole in the fender (you can see it when you remove the hood). For the rear I made a little bracket that utilizes the small screw where the rear fender meets the bed. I ran the wires along the frame and went through the bed (be sure to put a waterproof plug before the bed so you can remove the bed later on).

As for the wiring, I have a BlueSea fuse block that is switched via a relay, so yes... They're on a relay, but not their own. Let me know if there's anything else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts