Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to run sand dunes on the SS360 sand tires? I have been thinking of replacing my front steering tires with these if not doing the whole set at once. I currently run Glamis/Gordons dunes with a 4x and have 28in sand slinger paddles in rear and v roll steering tires in front. I think the front v rolls a digging pretty good even with 6lbs of air. The sand slingers seem to do well but I think in 4 hi these SS360 tires may be the ticket. It would be like running the old balloon tires on the ATC's. With these tires I was thinking of going to the 30in diameter. 12 wide rear and 10 wide fronts. I have a Dalton Clutch kit with stock helix and still have weight in so i can tune further. Car is a 2016 4x. Thinking of changing the helix as well to help backshift up big hills but not sure yet. Car dunes very well with the Dalton kit but lacks power on the big hills ( Patton, freeway, slide ) We just got back yesterday from Glamis and I checked my TPS diagnostics based on another forum post and found it maxing out at 84%. I have now adjusted it to hit 0-100% so i hope that will also help. Thoughts from the dune guys on these paddles or a replacement for the stock team helix
1609786346286.png
?

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Those tires FLOAT very well at the Oregon dunes. They don’t dig Like some of the molded paddles do Which equates to less horsepower loss.

Reactions: Dean

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
My buddy runs them on a 4 seat RZR-S and says they are the best duning sand tire he has ever used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also check out Leo's X3 on sxsblog.com youtube channel. He did some water skipping at Silver Lake I think it was and ran them. By the reaction, I'd say they work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts