Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a lot of posts about redrilling the knuckle on the 2 seaters and I’ve seen several people post about installing the knuckles from a 4 seater to achieve the same result. My question is, can it be done on the 4 seater and will it improve the radius like it does the 2? Everyone raves about the mod and I hate the radius so bring me some good news. If it’s not an option, any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of posts about redrilling the knuckle on the 2 seaters and I’ve seen several people post about installing the knuckles from a 4 seater to achieve the same result. My question is, can it be done on the 4 seater and will it improve the radius like it does the 2? Everyone raves about the mod and I hate the radius so bring me some good news. If it’s not an option, any suggestions?
The 4 seater already has the better knuckles to give tighter steering. The mod came from measuring the 4 seater knuckles. You have as good as it gets. The original 2 seater steering was like a train lol

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Patrick. Not what I was hoping to hear. If the radius on my 4 seater is as good as it gets, and two seater owners are striving for what I have, the 2 seaters must be absolutely unbearable! I had a 2012 rzr xp900 4 that I sold a year after buying it new. My biggest complaint with it was the lack of leg room and how it cramped my left hip. After doing some research, I determined that because Of the extra length and width the wildcat was the best choice in terms of comfort. I bought it site unseen and overall am very happy about it but had I known I’d be able to turn my 4 door Duramax on 35s (no lift) around in a significantly smaller area than it, I don’t know that I would’ve pulled the trigger. The main part of my driveway is roughly 30x40 and I can back out of the garage to the left, put my truck in drive, and go straight out in a single shift from reverse to drive. Do do the same with the wildcat, i have to put it in reverse twice and forward twice. If I back it in, I can almost make it out in one shift to 1st but still have to back up a few feet before I can get it straight up the driveway. In case that description of my driveway sounds outa wack, my property is cut into the side of a mountain. Anyway, mountain or no mountain, turning it sucks. I’m amazed no one has come up with a solution for this. I’m a do it myself kinda guy and hate paying for someone else to do anything for me but this is one problem I’d throw some money at.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Thanks Patrick. Not what I was hoping to hear. If the radius on my 4 seater is as good as it gets, and two seater owners are striving for what I have, the 2 seaters must be absolutely unbearable! I had a 2012 rzr xp900 4 that I sold a year after buying it new. My biggest complaint with it was the lack of leg room and how it cramped my left hip. After doing some research, I determined that because Of the extra length and width the wildcat was the best choice in terms of comfort. I bought it site unseen and overall am very happy about it but had I known I’d be able to turn my 4 door Duramax on 35s (no lift) around in a significantly smaller area than it, I don’t know that I would’ve pulled the trigger. The main part of my driveway is roughly 30x40 and I can back out of the garage to the left, put my truck in drive, and go straight out in a single shift from reverse to drive. Do do the same with the wildcat, i have to put it in reverse twice and forward twice. If I back it in, I can almost make it out in one shift to 1st but still have to back up a few feet before I can get it straight up the driveway. In case that description of my driveway sounds outa wack, my property is cut into the side of a mountain. Anyway, mountain or no mountain, turning it sucks. I’m amazed no one has come up with a solution for this. I’m a do it myself kinda guy and hate paying for someone else to do anything for me but this is one problem I’d throw some money at.
Yeah I had the original 2 seater and it was really bad. When I got the four seater it was better so I was happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts