Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old age is keeping me from remembering where I said I would post this but here it is. Made from 1-1/2 × 1-1/2 × 1/8 angle. Use a round file to final fit to frame. 20150420_172227.jpg 20150420_171522.jpg

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Really nice job Moose!!!!

That's what I like, someone that's not afraid to roll his own parts!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Moose, hope you don't mind that I copied your sketch. I got bored and decided to tinker in PowerPoint. I'm assuming the blue measurement is correct (it wasn't on your drawing, so correct me if it is wrong). Also the mounting holes are offset to one side and not centered on the bracket?

Gonna add this to the sticky, great stuff Moose.

This isn't to scale either.

WCT,S steering bracket brace.jpg

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moose, hope you don't mind that I copied your sketch. I got bored and decided to tinker in PowerPoint. I'm assuming the blue measurement is correct (it wasn't on your drawing, so correct me if it is wrong). Also the mounting holes are offset to one side and not centered on the bracket?

Gonna add this to the sticky, great stuff Moose.

This isn't to scale either.

View attachment 32178
Great job! The ends were what was left over so I assume your measurement is correct. Yes the holes are to one side. I would suggest that everyone drill these holes last and check for alignment as satv slotted their's for a reason (variances in manufacturing).

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
You couldnt have drawn me a sketch before now haha. I made mine last weekend. I had the same dimension angle iron and i had some smaller but thicker 1" angle iron. Ended up using the thicker stuff that sits flush with the top of the frame, tack welded it at the frame and along the front edge of the factory mount. Still have to get a longer bolt though. If mine flexes now then i give up.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no flex now at all. Kinda scares me though it cant do anything but crack the rack now.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
You cant win em all. I feel better knowing its not constantly working back and forth. To be honest i have no idea how it survived that long without failing, must be spring steel haha

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I was just looking at a pic of the brace on super atvs website and got to thinking, the brace stops the mount from flexing down but what stops it from flexing upwards if there is no permanent attachement to the frame rails? Still way better than no brace but i think tacking it on the frame rails is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never noticed any upward flex to the rack when I tested it. Mine is the same way as satv as it just checks downward flex.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mine was moving up and down a ton after 2 rides with the 32" superior tractions. It was a fast track to failure. We also welded it to the 2 frame bars and rack then bolted 2 of the bolts. Rock solid now even with the powers steering

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Mine moved both ways but way more noticeable downward. If i can watch it flex up and down by barely moving my steering wheel while sitting in the driveway i can only imagine what it looks like under pressure while beating down a rough trail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for drudging up an old thread but is there any chance I could pay someone here to make one? I posted on the thread that had the SuperATV brace to see if anyone happened to have one, but I'm guessing that no one has so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone would be willing to make one.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Winter boredom, used the above diagrams to build one of these yesterday, as soon as I can get the Trail out of the machine shed I'll see if I can make it work. Thanks for the drawings and dimensions guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts