Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Anybody know where I can order just the bushing for the steering gear box, Speed SxS has the entire kit but I just don't see $250 in this kit. I don't do any high speed riding but don't want this problem again.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I have one for a 2018

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Lonnie, did you repair your existing rack or replace it? If it got replaced, I am almost certain that the 2018 bushing will not fit (see post #9).

Arctic Cat has revised the steering rack (which is why there are 2018 bushings and 2019 & newer), but they did not change the p/n for the rack. Without separate part numbers, you'll get the current rack. I have a bushing for it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lonnie, did you repair your existing rack or replace it? If it got replaced, I am almost certain that the 2018 bushing will not fit (see post #9).

Arctic Cat has revised the steering rack (which is why there are 2018 bushings and 2019 & newer), but they did not change the p/n for the rack. Without separate part numbers, you'll get the current rack. I have a bushing for it.
I am going to replace it so it will be a new rack system. How do I figure out which one I will need, maybe just get one for the 2019 model?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
The part number did not change. Unless you buy from a dealer that has an old one (2018) in stock, you should get the revised '19 and newer version.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got my new rack in and thought I would post pictures of the old one, apprently water had gotten in and trashed it. The only way I can figure is the small clamps on the boot were not very tight and the boot did have some dry rot on them. Now I take very good care of my stuff and this has me at a loss for words. It has never been sunk but we do cross creeks and sometimes the water can be fairly deep but it just dose not make sense to me but it is what it is. I have included some pictures.

·
Registered
2020 Wildcat XX
20 Posts
Simply pointing out that such a level of corrosion is seen in neglected salt water vessels, i own a Jetski ultra250x and have seen such conditions inside neglected hulls.
Most unusual condition you have there.
Btw, i work at an Arctic Cat dealership and have seen the havoc wreaked upon steering boxes. Never anything like yours

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I agree with everything you all have said, the white corrosion in certain areas has me wondering. i purchased it new and it had only 2 miles on it. I may have been given the shaft so to speak but I have not had any other major issues as of yet, guess time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I'm guessing the manufacturing location for the rack is overseas. Could the rack have gotten soaked while in transit? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
...so this is NOT a common problem!?? :- ()

21 - 40 of 65 Posts