Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My steering wheel was straight when going straight ahead, now all of a sudden it is off a bit. What gives?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it off and re-indexed it but I am not sure how it managed to get tilted off to the side like it did.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haul too much ass too often for it to not be accurate. I cannot find anything "wrong" but it is dark out and the machine is all dirty now. I will see if something else came loose later I guess.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Loose steering tie rod? Loose rack n pinion? Uneven tire pressures?
Those are good ideas I checked the tire pressures they are within 1/2 a pound, if something is wrong in the steering rack or something slipped somewhere I am unable to find it for now.

I don't like the temps this thing runs so much either, it is 60* cold out and it runs the temp up fast.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I understood correctly, the steering "shaft" is really a steering "cable." It could be that this will be something that "creeps" from time to time. :nixweiss:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
gus if i was on the fence i would wait until 2013 and see the new xp and the wildcat but if you have the $$$ get both now

·
Registered
945 Posts
Chris, did you find any reason as to why the steering wheel got off center, yet?
It might be the loose nut behind the wheel.....just saying...better check it out.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My steering wheel was straight when going straight ahead, now all of a sudden it is off a bit. What gives?
Hold On To Your Beer With The Other Hand :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rubbersidedown where did ya get this information, "the steering "shaft" is really a steering "cable." Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I understood correctly, the steering "shaft" is really a steering "cable." It could be that this will be something that "creeps" from time to time. :nixweiss:
My gut feeling tells me that something in the power steering became misaligned or moved, dunno that for sure but it is a valid idea I guess.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did have some rather bothersome loud pops from the front end when trying to get the front up onto two foot ledges. I have no idea where they originated from but this was after the wheel was out of alignment. I thought I had busted a CV or something

1 - 20 of 32 Posts