Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking ahead of what I will want to do once I get my unit...Is the huge Arctic Cat lettering along the bottom a sticker? What about the small Wildcat on the door, is that a sticker? I'd want to remove both of they are...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am sure they are stickers. The best thing about painted plastics is that they remove quite easily and you can always buff it afterwards to make it perfect. My advice is to do it sooner rather than later. The longer it stays, the more the dust gathers on the ridges where it used to be. I took them all off my XTZ. Couldn't deal with the lame tribal flames...................

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just thinking ahead of what I will want to do once I get my unit...Is the huge Arctic Cat lettering along the bottom a sticker? What about the small Wildcat on the door, is that a sticker? I'd want to remove both of they are...
I feel the same way about the sticker, but after looking close today I found out the entire door panel and the entire panel surrounding the cockpit is a sticker!!
That includes the "arctic cat", "wildcat", "stripes", and the "green".
These areas are black plastic with a green sticker over the black.
No Paint at all.
So to remove the Arctic Cat would remove everything, leaving just black plastic.
The stripe on the fender is a sticker over paint, and could be removed.
Might look OK??

·
Registered
686 Posts
they are stickers, a heat gun and some time and they come off. the stickers are 3M material and stick like mad. dont pull up without heat, it will pull paint up. use a heat gun and they come right off with no mess, and no problems. i have done a bunch of cat bikes with no problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
they are stickers, a heat gun and some time and they come off. the stickers are 3M material and stick like mad. dont pull up without heat, it will pull paint up. use a heat gun and they come right off with no mess, and no problems. i have done a bunch of cat bikes with no problems.
No Paint on doors or cockpit area, just sticker.
They were already peeling off at the dealer, could be problem areas.
At least when you scratch the one below the door (getting in an out), you could replace it and not have to repaint.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Sounds like I'm going to need to get some plastic primer so I can hit the doors with a base/clear coat. Man, so many things to do and nothing to do it to!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts