Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us "cheap" WC owners, for now, I took my stock exhaust off, removed the rear cover(5 bolts), also removed the triangle plate(3 bolts) under the rear cover, then took a long pry bar and beat holes thru the inside walls(the exhaust has 3 internal pipes with 2 metal walls) until I could basically see all the way thru. The triangle plate under the back cover, I drilled a 2" hole thru the center of it, then took 1 3/4" pipe and sized it up with the existing exhaust tip and welded in place. You'll have to drill a 2" hole thru the rear cover also to let the new 1 3/4" pipe fit thru. At this point, you'll have to exhaust tips instead of the existing one. Re-installed the triangle plate and the rear cover. I fired the unit up, it sounds like a freakin' 1970 Chevelle--LOUD!!! This was my option until HMF develops their system for the WC. Ride Wild!!!!!

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Did u take pics.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
And a video the sound

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
After my cat broke down at glamis I was riding Zane's raptor. The pipe fell off...:rolleyes: 10 minutes was to long.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have met Hans and yes the do make some nice exhausts. He used my XTZ for a prototype. They have a nice little shop up here were he builds his offroad buggys and the exhaust production. Great people.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
For us "cheap" WC owners, for now, I took my stock exhaust off, removed the rear cover(5 bolts), also removed the triangle plate(3 bolts) under the rear cover, then took a long pry bar and beat holes thru the inside walls(the exhaust has 3 internal pipes with 2 metal walls) until I could basically see all the way thru. The triangle plate under the back cover, I drilled a 2" hole thru the center of it, then took 1 3/4" pipe and sized it up with the existing exhaust tip and welded in place. You'll have to drill a 2" hole thru the rear cover also to let the new 1 3/4" pipe fit thru. At this point, you'll have to exhaust tips instead of the existing one. Re-installed the triangle plate and the rear cover. I fired the unit up, it sounds like a freakin' 1970 Chevelle--LOUD!!! This was my option until HMF develops their system for the WC. Ride Wild!!!!!
Dude. That is not going to pass smog.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Its almost impossible to have a quad or utv fail the smog test. They just don't put out enough volume to fail. I passed with a prowler with a similarly modified exhaust.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts