Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on the stock seats from the ones that took the dealer ride?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I found the seats to be very comfortable too. I can't wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with for the Widcat though. But I am not going to be in a big hurry to change them out like I would have been if I had a RZR.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The seats are not the problem, The cheezy seat belt needs to be...how about a secure 5 pt harness.
Kinda hard to test or tune when your trying to stay in your seat.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
945 Posts
The seats are not the problem, The cheezy seat belt needs to be...how about a secure 5 pt harness.
Kinda hard to test or tune when your trying to stay in your seat.:rolleyes:
I have to agree with ya Wild.....screw the seat belts.....4 or 5 point harness is a must....how about it AC?!?!?!

·
Registered
320 Posts
The seats are nice...the ones a the ride are a poorer quality then the actual production ones. Also they did put in bars for the 4 or 5 point harnesses whatever your fancy, but they aren't installed because it would take their liability to another level. I talked with the engineer for probably 2 hours about the wildcat.

·
Registered
791 Posts
So what are you saying? Are they installed or not? I understand the liability issue. Anything else you learned from the engineer you want to share?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree the seats I give two thumbs up. Thats another thing you can mark off your list that you would have to buy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yea of course but that would qualify for any sxs. Im talking about for rec riders or those that dont have to abide by any sanc. rules. You can also take these seats out and use them like the commanders "lawn chairs" out on the trails.

·
Registered
791 Posts
unless a person plans on racing one, the sanctioning body may have something to say about the stock seats...
just sayin.
I am not going to be racing so it is nice that the seats are as nice as they are. Not saying I might not switch them out at some point to an aftermarket seat. I have Mastercraft seats in my Jeep and love them on the trail all day long.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I have Mastercraft seats in my Jeep and love them on the trail all day long.
:rolleyes: so...would you be interested in pulling one of your Mastercraft seats out and trial fitting it in your Wildcat???
inquiring minds what to know! :D

obviously they make many styles of seats, but thought I would ask..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Of course I would but I doubt it would fit. Once I get mine if the seats aren't comfortable to be in all day long then I'll start looking for some aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Another thing about the seats is when I was looking at it, it doesnt come adjustable but the way they are mounted onto the seat frame you could easily make it adjustable by only drilling or slotting new holes in the frame to make it move back or forth. Im sure it will be no time before some aftermarket kit is made to adjust on the fly.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The seats are amazing, it is the most comfortable side x side I have been in. I would have to say they are likely as comfortable as the Beards my friend has in his RZR S that he paid almost 1k for. Another check mark for the WC for another place you don't have to spend money. The list is pretty damn long in my opinion: doors, seats, power steering, LED head lights, longest travel, big radiator, powder coated frame. Put all that to an XP and you are talking like way north of 20k. I fall more in love every day. My friends think I am nuts for buying a first model year, first production round release, but I don't care, I want one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Red,
X2 you said it all.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
with buying a first year model vs with anything you buy new it has a warranty. I've bought trucks, four wheelers and snowmobiles that where first year models and have had a lot better luck with them than stuff I bought that wasn't first year. As long as you have a good dealer that will work with you on getting parts fast and doing repair work done fast you shouldn't have any big issues. Ya it sucks to have something new thats broke but that could happen with anything you buy

·
Registered
986 Posts
with buying a first year model vs with anything you buy new it has a warranty. I've bought trucks, four wheelers and snowmobiles that where first year models and have had a lot better luck with them than stuff I bought that wasn't first year. As long as you have a good dealer that will work with you on getting parts fast and doing repair work done fast you shouldn't have any big issues. Ya it sucks to have something new thats broke but that could happen with anything you buy
I was thinking more along the lines of sometimes they fix short comings/upgrade things in model year 2.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i dont believe in first year problems, especially after they have had the polaris rzr to study, learn from and engineer better ways to skin the cat. besides i still see 10-11 models rzr with similiar complaints, transmission failures etc. i dont care, it comes with a warranty and thats all that matters to me
ps. the seats were comfortable, had side and shoulder bolsters, not a suspension seat, but was more comfy than my stock rzr-s seats. plus holes in the top to hold aftermarket belts, i found i was always chasing my harness straps on the stock rzr seats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts