Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short.. there’s what looks to be sugar in the tank. Gooey sticky and friend and I tasted it and he says it’s almost sweet. Almost sure someone put sugar in it to be a child and wreck it. We’ll have fuel pump and the filter sock ordered and back pulled off to pull injectors tomorrow and clean them out just incase as well as clean the lines best I can. Question is how to clean the gas tank out best I can without removing the whole damn thing. Buddy said drain it and should be able to fit hand inside with parts cleaner to bust it up and wipe it out or even a shop vac. Praying this is as simple as it sounds and at most have to get new injectors when we pull them and clean them and test them while doing so. Any other suggestions on this? Added note we know who did it to the machine and will take the necessary steps to return the favor or just let karma run its course. Thanks for any suggestions. Going to try and have this thing cleaned out and running again by this weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let karma take its course .. I know that’s hard to do sometimes but I think and feel that’s the best ,,,don’t sink to their levels .. and I wouldn’t use a shop vac . Gas and electric don’t mix well … I’ve cleaned out those tanks before with rags and cleaner

·
Registered
32 Posts
NO SHOP VAC OR ANYTHING WITH A POSSIBLE SPARK. Make sure you do it outside. Gas fumes explode.
I would pull the tank and clean it with little bit of soap and a lot of water... Who knows maybe they put a whole bag of sugar in it. Not really that hard but definitely worth it in my opinion.
Make sure you flush the lines too.
Watch this video except I would let it dry overnight.

Do not go for revenge... The second person usually gets caught.. just hope he has a trans cooler line break on him.. there's little indication you're losing trans fluid until it's too late and time for a new transmission.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it cleaned out completely. Injectors back down to tank. New pump in and fuel filter. She runs again thank god. Now my only problem I didn’t buy the whole fuel pump kit with the wiring. And I broke the clip that holds the pigtail plug from the fuel pump to the main harness. See picture below. Where the hell can I find this to order been searching like crazy. Last piece I need to be cruising again. Unless I jerry rig with zip ties for now or something… the two pigtail clips slides apart and fuel pump loses power. Can I just cut both pigtails off and splice the wires myself you think?

Automotive lighting Tool Pliers Cable Wire

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got it cleaned out completely. Injectors back down to tank. New pump in and fuel filter. She runs again thank god. Now my only problem I didn’t buy the whole fuel pump kit with the wiring. And I broke the clip that holds the pigtail plug from the fuel pump to the main harness. See picture below. Where the hell can I find this to order been searching like crazy. Last piece I need to be cruising again. Unless I jerry rig with zip ties for now or something… the two pigtail clips slides apart and fuel pump loses power. Can I just cut both pigtails off and splice the wires myself you think?

View attachment 254109
Some you can unpin and change the plastic. If not you can splice the old plug on. I recommend only using solder joints. If you're talking about removing the plug all together?... There is a downside....if you had to do a fuel pump swap anywhere other than your garage it complicates things. If you're aware of that and can live with cutting and splicing if you ever have to replace it then go for it. I've done this to eliminate corroded plugs. Soldered joints are always more dependable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts