Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday my buddy I ride with we were headed on a couple hour ride to cherry lake on our SxS's and I hit a small bump heard a clack then the X started to pull to the right I stopped to find my passenger side front wheel flopped over onto the a arm. The ball joint bolt was missing we seated the ball joint and ratchet strapped the a arms together and that ended my day. I have replacement OEM bolts bought from Country Cat.

What else do I need to locktite? The X only has 380 miles on it and already falling apart.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
nonono dont blame it on the wildcat- theyre tough as nails- youve must hit som. big before- and later takes only a small bump to break it- or wasnt fit right!? ;-)

suspension-steering parts wear- like brakes- how long they last depend on ridin style...

guys in utah are drivin since years there-

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nonono dont blame it on the wildcat- theyre tough as nails- youve must hit som. big before- and later takes only a small bump to break it- or wasnt fit right!? ;-)

suspension-steering parts wear- like brakes- how long they last depend on ridin style...

guys in utah are drivin since years there-

I do understand those are wear items I bought a left over 2016 with 81 miles a few months ago and have only taken it out 3 or 4 times I wasn't expecting any trouble outside a belt so soon. I'm not here to bash the product we are enjoying the cat it's just my other SxS a Pioneer has 2700 miles my buddy's Pioneer is pushing 20,000 miles and has been through hell in comparison and nothing has came loose I'm guessing that bolt wasn't tightened properly.

I bought the tool to adjust the valves mine is lazy to start and riding at 4700 rpm the valves rattle. I'm going all in replacing the plugs, adjusting the valves, oil change, installing a new air filter and replacing the belt. My next oil change I will do all fluids including diffs I tend to be over the top with maintenance it's peace of mind for me and i would rather spend $100 now rather than $5000 or more for and an engine later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts