Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 trail w/3" lift, 27" dirt commanders, HMF muffler and superatv power steering.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 trail with a 3" lift and want to install the 60" super atv conversion kit. I wonder if anyone has made the conversion? My question is if I install the kit will my trail still be lifted 3" ? tech at super atv is useless, they know nothing about this situation.

·
Vendor
189 Posts
I have a 2015 trail with a 3" lift and want to install the 60" super atv conversion kit. I wonder if anyone has made the conversion? My question is if I install the kit will my trail still be lifted 3" ? tech at super atv is useless, they know nothing about this situation.
Not sure who you talked to, but sorry about that.
The answer is no with the complete kit, but you can probably make it work if you really want to. If you're currently running a bracket lift, that lift will have to be removed for the shock brackets required for the long travel kit. You won't be able to double up the brackets. What you can do.......you can get some aftermarket springs to run to get some lift.
Or...you can get some Sport model shocks, remove the shock brackets from the kit, and probably run your lift that way. I can't say how well it will ride, but I'm sure it can be done.

·
Registered
2015 trail w/3" lift, 27" dirt commanders, HMF muffler and superatv power steering.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure who you talked to, but sorry about that.
The answer is no with the complete kit, but you can probably make it work if you really want to. If you're currently running a bracket lift, that lift will have to be removed for the shock brackets required for the long travel kit. You won't be able to double up the brackets. What you can do.......you can get some aftermarket springs to run to get some lift.
Or...you can get some Sport model shocks, remove the shock brackets from the kit, and probably run your lift that way. I can't say how well it will ride, but I'm sure it can be done.
Thank you for chiming in. What I really want to know is what my height will be under the belly with the conversion kit. Stock is 10" and I'm not excited about going back down that low. I do have 27" tires so that gives me 1 inch and I have Bandit springs (light) yet to be installed so I may gain another inch if I'm lucky. I have the super atv 3" lift so maybe that will help you answer my inquiry. I was under the impression that super atv would know what the lift would do when combined with the 60" kit because it's mentioned in the instructions for camber adjustment. Any more info would be appreciated, thanks. Bob K.

·
Vendor
189 Posts
I can't say for sure what you're final height will be with the Bandit springs, but you should easily have more clearance than the stock 10". Plus...part of the installation will include adjustment of whatever shock package you currently have. You can crank a lot of preload out of those stock shocks. The lift kit you have right now isn't going to work with the long travel brackets in the long travel kit. In the future...you can probably buy some sport model shocks, remove the front bracket and get your lift that way. Can't say for sure if the rear pucks will work with whatever sport length shocks you get, but they will more than likely work. That way you'll get the extra 3" of lift over the stock height of the standard long travel. I know the straight kit...just installed right out of the box....will fit up to a 34", so there's a whole lot more you can do.

The mention of camber adjustments for a lift are pretty much just generic camber setting instructions copied and pasted from all the different kits...just in case you're already working with a lift when you install our adjustable arms.

I think your best bet will be to go ahead and install the basic kit and your new springs to see what you're working with at a basic level. From there, you can start cranking out preload, and/or looking for bigger tires.

Plus....you can always slap some 4" portal on top of all of that if you want to make that thing a serious beast. :cool:;):LOL:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say for sure what you're final height will be with the Bandit springs, but you should easily have more clearance than the stock 10". Plus...part of the installation will include adjustment of whatever shock package you currently have. You can crank a lot of preload out of those stock shocks. The lift kit you have right now isn't going to work with the long travel brackets in the long travel kit. In the future...you can probably buy some sport model shocks, remove the front bracket and get your lift that way. Can't say for sure if the rear pucks will work with whatever sport length shocks you get, but they will more than likely work. That way you'll get the extra 3" of lift over the stock height of the standard long travel. I know the straight kit...just installed right out of the box....will fit up to a 34", so there's a whole lot more you can do.

The mention of camber adjustments for a lift are pretty much just generic camber setting instructions copied and pasted from all the different kits...just in case you're already working with a lift when you install our adjustable arms.

I think your best bet will be to go ahead and install the basic kit and your new springs to see what you're working with at a basic level. From there, you can start cranking out preload, and/or looking for bigger tires.

Plus....you can always slap some 4" portal on top of all of that if you want to make that thing a serious beast. :cool:;):LOL:
Thank you, I ordered the kit, front frame stiffener and some speakers from a local distributor/dealer today. I read a review from one of your customers and he said he gained 3-4 inches of lift so I'm feeling better about possibilities. Once it warms up, here in Alaska, in a month or so I'll install it and leave a review of exact measurements with what I have for components. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts