Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read every thread and review I can find on this kit. Anyone know how they have held up over time? All the threads seem to be a couple years old. I recently broke an a arm and bent a few radius rods on my 2014 wildcat 1000x and want to put aftermarket parts on. I mainly ride in the So Cal desert and don't really need the full 6" of lift but love the idea of the wider track and the beefy parts. Can the kit be installed without the spring spacers? Any first hand input would be appreciated. It also seems like every vendor that sells them have it listed for $1799. I contacted superatv and the discount for forum members was only $40. I sent a pm to mls and hopefully they give me a good price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had mine for over a year now. Only issues I have has are axles. I had one front break and I cooked both rear axles at the same time. Got so hot melted my inner CV boots and bearings fell out. All the parts seem really heavy duty to me. I ended up taking the spacers out of the rear spring perch to get the axles a little less angle. Not sure about the spring spacers I was going to try and set my preload on spings less but went other rout because I don't have a scanner wrench yet. Just about broke my strap wrench trying to but mostly because the threads were a little dirty and corroded. Hope this helps you with a decision.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can buy the lift kit for $1600 shipped. If I could buy the long travel for $2600 I would do it. Anyone have any connections?

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
The 6" lift used to be the long travel. On the site all the currently list is 3" long travel.
Where are you seeing 6" lift for sale? I'm wondering if it's the left over kits they no longer sell. Being they changed from 6 to 3 would make me question why

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 6 inch lift is on the superatv website. I just bought the long travel kit from an eBay seller. Made the deal outside of eBay and saved a bunch of money. Can't wait to install it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fedex shows delivery for Saturday. cant wait to install it. I have all the old suspension and axles out, now just waiting for parts.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Ok I see it under lift kits. If you look under long travel there is a 3 inch long travel with boxed A arms. It's like double the price of the 6 inch long travel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why the need to lift 6"? These machines already have best in class travel and good ground clearance. Swap in 32" tires and ground clearance is improved w/o raising the CG too much.
What type of riding conditions benefit from this much lift? Don't you sacrifice much in this trade-off?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received all the parts for the long travel kit and they are impressive. The A arms and everything else are huge compared to the stock stUff. Shipping weight according to fed ex was 253lbs. Just a guess but probably 100lbs more than the stock stuff. Still waiting on the 12mm stud kit from MLS so can't get it all done till next weekend. I will post some pics of it when done.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Why the need to lift 6"? These machines already have best in class travel and good ground clearance. Swap in 32" tires and ground clearance is improved w/o raising the CG too much.
What type of riding conditions benefit from this much lift? Don't you sacrifice much in this trade-off?
I have a 3 1/2 inch lift on my Limo cat and 30s. Where I ride is rocky. I ride through a creek too. I still scrape on some rocks but it's much better than stock. I can see another 3 inches being even better. It's definitely gonna depend on terrain. In dunes it wouldn't make sense. Also Limo cat is prone to high center being so long

·
Registered
21 Posts
How ironic. I just purchased my X from a dealer sight unseen. Turns out, it has this 6" lift on it (dealer never mentioned it). I'm mostly a dunner so wasn't looking to install this kit; but I do Moab each year.
It has a ton of sway though. Looks like the front sway bar is not even hooked up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have had mine for over a year now. Only issues I have has are axles. I had one front break and I cooked both rear axles at the same time. Got so hot melted my inner CV boots and bearings fell out. All the parts seem really heavy duty to me. I ended up taking the spacers out of the rear spring perch to get the axles a little less angle. Not sure about the spring spacers I was going to try and set my preload on spings less but went other rout because I don't have a scanner wrench yet. Just about broke my strap wrench trying to but mostly because the threads were a little dirty and corroded. Hope this helps you with a decision.
Have had mine for 3 years/2K miles with no issues other than CV boots. I am also running without the rear blocks installed but plan to put them back in and remove the spring spacer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't waste your time with this lift unless you plan to never get out of low range. This lift totally DESTROYED any fast speed handling. Worked great in Moab but was only fair in the dunes and totally sucked on trails. The CG was so high the thing leaned like 15 degrees around corners killing all sense of confidence that it wouldn't flip. The single biggest mistake ever on my SXS. In fact, it was so bad, I sold it after just a couple weeks of riding. Plus, I had to replace every CV boot; what a joke.
HORRIBLE PRODUCT for me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have had mine a year and a half. Eats axles if you don’t break them in right. But the rhino axles are total crap anyways. If you set your preload on your shocks correctly you won’t have pitch like the other guy said. I just added portals to mine so it’s 10” of adjustable height now. So far as high speed I run wide open in high gear w/ no problem of it feeling squirrelly at all, and I run 34” intimidators. Just have to be sure you have all 4 corners aligned correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gotta utilize what’s available, lol, usually if it’s the front I’m working on you’ll ride by my house and see it winched up a tree head high. My last bike had a winch mounted in the front and the rear. The rear was mounted on a bracket I fabbed right above the rear bed door on a full custom exo cage I built. ???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts