Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gotta utilize what’s available, lol, usually if it’s the front I’m working on you’ll ride by my house and see it winched up a tree head high. My last bike had a winch mounted in the front and the rear. The rear was mounted on a bracket I fabbed right above the rear bed door on a full custom exo cage I built. ???
Yes sir, have a ‘78 Ramcharger on one ‘lift” and use my other trailers for various other work. Sure is easier for my broken body than getting on the ground!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had mine for over a year now. Only issues I have has are axles. I had one front break and I cooked both rear axles at the same time. Got so hot melted my inner CV boots and bearings fell out. All the parts seem really heavy duty to me. I ended up taking the spacers out of the rear spring perch to get the axles a little less angle. Not sure about the spring spacers I was going to try and set my preload on spings less but went other rout because I don't have a scanner wrench yet. Just about broke my strap wrench trying to but mostly because the threads were a little dirty and corroded. Hope this helps you with a decision.
So
I have had mine for over a year now. Only issues I have has are axles. I had one front break and I cooked both rear axles at the same time. Got so hot melted my inner CV boots and bearings fell out. All the parts seem really heavy duty to me. I ended up taking the spacers out of the rear spring perch to get the axles a little less angle. Not sure about the spring spacers I was going to try and set my preload on spings less but went other rout because I don't have a scanner wrench yet. Just about broke my strap wrench trying to but mostly because the threads were a little dirty and corroded. Hope this helps you with a decision.
I recently bought a used 2014 1000 4x with 500 miles . It has this lift , but I can't find out what part number the replacement rear axles are .

·
Registered
152 Posts
So

I recently bought a used 2014 1000 4x with 500 miles . It has this lift , but I can't find out what part number the replacement rear axles are .
Don’t think it will help but here it is:

Arctic Cat Wildcat Axles Big Lift Kit Axles - Rhino Brand5-25-R-LK6-BT
SATV does not support this kit, have had all kind of problems with the axles and “the tech department is looking into it” for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
theres a guy- eric- from super atv- here in this forum-maybe he can help...!?

·
Vendor
175 Posts
Yeah, still out of those CVs. Its been wild trying to catch up and stay up with the current high volume stuff, and these just haven't made it up the list yet. They're on there, but until we get caught up on the bigger selling stuff I won't really get a build date. I'll definitely post when we do though. Until we can get another batch done, your best bet would be a custom length shaft from Summers Bros and OEM CV's. That would be the cheapest option before calling a custom axle company. I'll report back when I get a date.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts