Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks great! Did you make that winch mount?
Thanks. Yes, I made the winch mount. I took an existing winch/fairlead plate I had laying around. Welded on the angles for bolting to the XX. Then welded on the diagonal round bar supports which also double as winch/tow points. Turned out pretty good for using scrap lying around the shop. Price was right!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Awesome. I was thinking of trying to fab the generic plate somehow incorporated into the factory textron front bumper I have. Looks like it might fit if I get creative.

Great job on that bad boy!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I found a smoking deal on a 35" tire/wheel kit I couldn't pass up. So I went for it. I had already adjusted the suspension up 4" when I got the machine. With that being said, the tires just barely clear at full turn. I'm sure there will be situations at full turn & high suspension compression where they will rub but I can live with that. I guess time will tell. Can't wait to get em out in the mud!

IMG_4285.jpg IMG_4286.jpg IMG_4287.jpg IMG_4288.jpg IMG_4289.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
what is your current ground clearance?...narly lookin'...

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Looks like the perfect rig for rainy weather in Houston. (Too soon after the floods?)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Looks like the perfect rig for rainy weather in Houston. (Too soon after the floods?)
Ha! Not too soon. I was lucky enough not to have any issues with flooding. I'm ready for recovery duty next time it happens though! My friends & I enjoy the rain. All the local offroad parks get good & sloppy.

·
Vendor
170 Posts
I found a smoking deal on a 35" tire/wheel kit I couldn't pass up. So I went for it. I had already adjusted the suspension up 4" when I got the machine. With that being said, the tires just barely clear at full turn. I'm sure there will be situations at full turn & high suspension compression where they will rub but I can live with that. I guess time will tell. Can't wait to get em out in the mud!
Man, I keep following your build and hoping to see it up on some portals!! Lol! ?? Looks awesome!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Man, I keep following your build and hoping to see it up on some portals!! Lol! 藍藍 Looks awesome!
Thanks! Years ago when you guys first came out with your portals I thought to myself, it's about time someone brought the portal concept to the ATV/UTV industry. Obviously it's taken off because everyone has them now! Although they have come down, the price is still too steep for me. That & I'm not sure if I want another 3-4" of width each side. For the trails or my trailer. Haha

Maybe someday...

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
170 Posts
Thanks! Years ago when you guys first came out with your portals I thought to myself, it's about time someone brought the portal concept to the ATV/UTV industry. Obviously it's taken off because everyone has them now! Although they have come down, the price is still too steep for me. That & I'm not sure if I want another 3-4" of width each side. For the trails or my trailer. Haha

Maybe someday...
That's why I keep tuning in! I've never seen a XX hit the bounty hole series down there, but I love that thing and I'm hoping to see more in the mud scene. Totally understood though. You'd be 8" wider overall. But...that doesn't stop the guys that pull off the trailer with plywood wheels! :drive: Awesome build though. I'm loving it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I bobbed the tail on the cat this weekend. I think it looks a lot better. I welded roll cage bungs into the vertical tubes to bolt into the square horizontal tube. Used high temperature paint since it's a lot closer to the exhaust. Made some plugs on the 3D printer for the top rails.

IMG_4386.jpg IMG_4388.jpg

Reactions: SuperATV
21 - 35 of 35 Posts