Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was convinced that the knocking noise in the rear was a transmission issue until I took it to the dealer to find out the bushings are already bad. Very bad and noisy after only 500km of trail riding. Dealer says its normal wear and not under warranty. I was less than impressed..
I have read on forums about this issue but thought it only happened with extreme use. Not my casual trail riding..wicked.
Dealers says keep grease to it and I'll be fine. Do I really have to replace bushings already at my expense??

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me. The OE bushings are crap. I highly recommend Garage Products bushings. I have 1.5 times the miles on those as I had on my OE bushings and they're still tight. A lot of us have installed zerk fittings in the A arms at the same time to help keep the bushings greased. It's not too hard, but it is time consuming. Here's a write up I did on replacing bushings and installing zerks: Replaced rear bushings and added grease fittings to my...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its a 2018 model purchased new. Left over inventory
The dealer should definitely replace them , i done mine @1000 k the dealer was willing to cover it under warranty but were only going to use the same material so i went a different route .I had the bushings replaced with uhmv material and had grease zerks installed at the same time now have 4000k and they are still tight no play and no room to add grease yet..the cost was $ 260 Canadian installed cash deal.i was going to purchase them from ajs in the states,them found a machineist that could do them .

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sway bar bushings are cheap & wear out fast, I installed gease zerks & drilled a hole so grease could get to the bar itself, they lasted a little longer but mostly the grease keeps them quieter. If you have aftermarket springs you could just try removing the sway bar, I run my Sport without & like it much better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I was convinced that the knocking noise in the rear was a transmission issue until I took it to the dealer to find out the bushings are already bad. Very bad and noisy after only 500km of trail riding. Dealer says its normal wear and not under warranty. I was less than impressed..
I have read on forums about this issue but thought it only happened with extreme use. Not my casual trail riding..wicked.
Dealers says keep grease to it and I'll be fine. Do I really have to replace bushings already at my expense??
Same boat as you Carbon I notice with about 300km. (leftover 2018 XT bought this April)of casual trail riding my rear right was worn when I added my spacers. Was thinking I would at least get 1 season out of the stock bushings. You would think with them hearing about this issue after 5 years of building this model they would have improved the material.:poop::mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not good at all. I think the control arm bushings are worn also. I grab the roll cage and rock it sideways and it sounds awful. I have to put on the lift kit you told me about so I may pump it full of hard grease then and see if it dulls it. At some point I'll have to replace as others did. Dealer didn't seem to think it's much of an issue. Keep on drivn and keep air greased..🙁 hopefully that's the only issue I have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me. The OE bushings are crap. I highly recommend Garage Products bushings. I have 1.5 times the miles on those as I had on my OE bushings and they're still tight. A lot of us have installed zerk fittings in the A arms at the same time to help keep the bushings greased. It's not too hard, but it is time consuming. Here's a write up I did on replacing bushings and installing zerks: Replaced rear bushings and added grease fittings to my...
Gosh I installed the Garage products bushings last summer and already replaced the left front. Went back to brass on. They lasted 8000 miles the GP sadly laster 2000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's good to see they never put the extra $$ into better bushings. I had 2 Arctic cats, sport and 1000x, learned that you buy it and put garage products bushings in before you ride it, you can oval out your frame bolt eyes from the constant slamming and then....well, more time and work. Bought a Honda Talon since, everything is still tight from the factory! I really loved my 700 sport, had all the trimmings + speed werx stage 2 kit,(well worth the cash by the way), just didn't want to replace belts and tighten bolts after every ride any longer. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not good at all. I think the control arm bushings are worn also. I grab the roll cage and rock it sideways and it sounds awful. I have to put on the lift kit you told me about so I may pump it full of hard grease then and see if it dulls it. At some point I'll have to replace as others did. Dealer didn't seem to think it's much of an issue. Keep on drivn and keep air greased..🙁 hopefully that's the only issue I have.
I think you will find most of the bed spring noises are coming from your sway bar bushings. I did what others suggested and put zerk fittings on the front and rear sway bar bushings and it quieted it right down.(y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Seems I have a winter project ahead of me installing new bushings and grease fittings!!
Going to put up with the noise for a bit more and ride some more !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts