Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for bushings in both front and rear sway bars. Replace the bushings in both or take one or the other completely out? Like to hear from the forum on this and why I should do either way. Also just wondering if there is engine breaking on my 2017 Wildcat Trail or not. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had initially taken mine off but did not like the ride after a while, I put them back on and used garage bushing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Time for bushings in both front and rear sway bars. Replace the bushings in both or take one or the other completely out? Like to hear from the forum on this and why I should do either way. Also just wondering if there is engine breaking on my 2017 Wildcat Trail or not. Thanks for the help.
I had initially taken mine off but did not like the ride after a while, I put them back on and used garage bushing
we had no engine braking on our 2014 or 2016 trails...solution on 2014 was a new speedwerx secondary spring and then a dalton clutch kit/speedwerx secondary spring on the 2016...those helped a lot to keep the clutches engaged and much easier feathering the throttle in keeping it engaged...we didn't use any weights due to large tires and our elevation...

garage products bushings quieted everything down on our two units...

Reactions: beesfan64

·
Registered
797 Posts
I removed the front sway bar, but left the rear. Spirited riding in the whoops left me with broken rear brackets. About $25 later, some brackets from Amazon, and a bit of grinding on the new brackets to line up the holes I had new brackets and bushings with zerks. Never had a problem since.

Reactions: beesfan64

·
Registered
133 Posts
IHMO, the Speedwerx secondary spring is the single biggest bang-for-the-buck modification you can make on the Wildcat Trail/Sport. As others have said, there is no engine braking on the Trail. The Speedwerx spring makes it much more controllable on downhills though by left-foot braking and an occasional bump on the throttle to keep the clutch engaged. The clutch stays engaged at slower speeds than with the stock spring. It improves both upshift and backshift too.

I unhooked my front sway bar only. I've never tried unhooking the rear, but based on the body roll I gained by unhooking the front I don't think I'd like it. Unhooking the front makes for a more comfortable ride over rough terrain on slow speed trails, which is mostly what I do. The trade-off is I have to ease off the throttle a bit going around faster corners - like driving down a dirt road - but it's nothing I can't live with. At 63 years old, I'm not much into drifting around high-speed corners any more!

·
Registered
89 Posts
As mentioned, the speedwerx spring has multiple benefits including engine braking. I removed my front sway bar to quiet things down. Haven’t missed it in the 1500 or so miles since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts