Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new wildcat trail owner, will have a lengthy intro soon. But for right now I need some snorkel help if possible.

I’ve spent the last hour on here and on google with no results. I am on the fence about ordering the warrior kit but would like to know what it looks like in the cab, and if a guy could modify it so it’s not quite so high. I really only want it to come to about shoulder height.

I really like the look compared to pvc, which is one of the factors for considering the kit, but would like to see it installed.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
"I really like the look compared to pvc, which is one of the factors for considering the kit, but would like to see it installed."

I didn't like the location of the "kit" so I bought just the risers (3 of them) and used them to top off 2 inch ABS elbows coming through the firewall behind the drivers seat. The 3 risers are dovetailed together just behind the drivers seat headrest. If you want pics you will have to wait because it is 30 below here right now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought the kit and didn't like where they came out as well so like exackery only used the risers (except I paid for the whole kit :( ). I also didn't like the idea of using the round rubber hose on the air intake which isn't round. I don't have pictures of it finished buy here are a couple I took when I was almost done.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and just ordered the risers. I will figure the rest out when they get here; really hoping to have this done for her first ride next weekend (weather permitting).

But bring on any pics that you guys might want to share!

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some pictures

Here are some pictures for inspiration. There is a previous post here on the forum which detail modifying the existing tubing and using abs/pvc to get through the firewall >> do a search. Mine works well >>I have had it in water over the steering wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures for inspiration. There is a previous post here on the forum which detail modifying the existing tubing and using abs/pvc to get through the firewall >> do a search. Mine works well >>I have had it in water over the steering wheel
That is exactly what I am wanting to accomplish. The risers came in on Monday I think, did you guys find it best to remove the bed to do this work? I am planning to get the garage warmed up Friday after work and get this all knocked out.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Built some the other day for mine under 50$ looks just as good as the 300$ ones

I cut the intake right as it comes up near the valve cover put a 2” coupling an street 90 off there was another street 45 then a street 90 out of the access door for the cvt cut the rubber stock and follow the intake out the access door last cvt I cut it as it comes through the frame small 6” section 2” pvc clamped then a 90 through the bed and a 90 up. To remove the bed disconnect the cvt outtake at the housing and the bed pulls off with the other 2 staying where they are I have one hose holding the cvt snorkel (though the frame) holding into the frame so far iv jumped it put it on her side and they do not move at all

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Snorkel.jpg

Got it all buttoned up this past Saturday, and that is what she looked like. Its leanin to the left a little but nothing comes out perfect eh?

Cheers
Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts