Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the only things AC had going for them as it relates to me, is my local dealer being Country Cat. Well, my XX has been sitting outside in their lot with weeds growing around it (and now a foot of snow on it) for the past two months waiting on a part from AC. No communication from AC on when it will be available, or if it ever will be. I was one of the last hold outs in not bashing Textron/AC and how they are treating their customers. Now, I'm just another one of the many folks getting chat on by them. I got to thinking, if I was one of the guys still making payments on my XX and parts are not available, could there be any legal recourse? Don't manufactures by law, have to make parts for a certain number of years after manufacturing a specific machine? All this makes a guy want to light it on fire and find something else to ride and bitch about.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This is what I was afraid of and one of the reasons I now have a Honda. Good luck and I assume they have tried to reach a regional rep??

·
Administrator
27,555 Posts
What part are you waiting on, Josh?

·
Registered
172 Posts
K-REX looking better all the time

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
that does suck, what part you needing? I found out this last year one shop says back ordered but found another who could have it for me in a couple days..country cat and some of the "bigger" dealers the same..case in point, I needed the bearing for the out put shaft and it showed discontinued..4 of the Bigger shops said at least 3 months, one said I needed to buy the complete out put shaft assembly to get that bearing and also 3 months out, and one shop knew about the discontinued bearing but had me a replacement to my place in 3 days..Im finding out dealers aren't being well supported and equally taken cared of..I called 5 of the so called biggest dealers in the country and only one was informed and able to help..

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I feel your pain... tells us what your hunting? There are alot of people on here with connections that may be able to help source what you need to get you up and running. I recently ordered something from BassPro for my XX (XTR) and had it in 2 days.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Research the lemon laws of your state , they may or may not apply to a SxS (not sure if you can license them in MN to be street legal)

Then call the owners of country cat and tell them to fix the dang thing or refund your money.. Somewhere on the site someone posted the procedure for getting parts in a hard to find situation.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looking for part #3021-878
Output shaft bearing.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Looking for part #3021-878
Output shaft bearing.
Have you tried getting the dimensions and going to a bearing house to get one? Anytime I need a bearing I just go to IBT and they measure and have what I need. There is one not far from me if you can get me dimensions I could check for you.

I would post a link but think that is a no-no?? Google IBT bearing and you will find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
^^^
What he said to the list of bearing vendors add

123bearing
VXB bearing

Bearings are measured:
ID/OD/Width
Then seal type if any

·
Registered
14 Posts
Porkchop I have ran into similar problem trying to order water pump for wildcat xx. Textron is telling me it is back order till 03/20/2020. Can I ask you what the circumstances that lead up to your wildcat xx needing this bearing replaced on the crank?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Porkchop I have ran into similar problem trying to order water pump for wildcat xx. Textron is telling me it is back order till 03/20/2020. Can I ask you what the circumstances that lead up to your wildcat xx needing this bearing replaced on the crank?
Order a Yxz pump??

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Porkchop also you may call Speedwerx they may have one since they are selling a balanced updated stub shaft.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Thats my next option but not sure it is exactly the same?
I can’t say with 100 percent certainty but it should be. Think the only difference in the long block is the crank outputs. Sold the Yxz so can’t look but my buddy has one I will look at his tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Josh, call MLS for that bearing, theres a different part number that seems like other shops know nothing about.Got mine in two days from them..

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Pretty much anything engine related can be had through Yamaha. I just got that same bearing through partszilla. Yami part # 93306-30721two days ago.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts