Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Damn bro...your kinda crabby...

Your mom never told you that you get further with a teaspoon of sugar than a spoon full of salt?...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Damn bro...your kinda crabby...

Your mom never told you that you get further with a teaspoon of sugar than a spoon full of salt?...
I am straightforward and I do not sugar coat things, true. Nothing I said was incorrect though was it? They are demanding non-refundable deposits without disclosing what you are getting. I am fairly sure that violates consumer protection laws especially for a vehicle that is titled, and is not exactly being very open with the buyer. Worse than that it is causing them damage with current side by side owners because the rumor mill is eating them alive in a negative way. I want this machine to be a success and they are not exactly doing what they should to stave off negative feedback. In fact they are doing nothing at all.

I have offered sugar elsewhere directly to them and they do not respond, apparently only salt gets them to speak up. Maybe they are a form of deer and a salt lick is what they want??????

;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree it takes a good bit of faith to put ur money up for something tht ur not quite sure wht ur getting. But if u drove the demo and were happy then everything else is a bonus. Scott

·
Registered
377 Posts
My dealer the deposit is refundable as well.

I made a comment as well and told them it is not rumor, its feedback from people on the demo rides about lack of power on the low end

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My dealer also told me my deposit is refundable, so my gripe is personally not that but the fact that Arctic Cat is the one pushing it as a "non-refundable" deposit. Non-refundable is fine, but be up front about what that deposit is securing.

I like your comment it was a little more clear than what I was saying about rumors. The FEEDBACK is hurting on power and the rumors are blowing up off of that. If they KNOW it is going to be different in the end just say so, how difficult is that?????

Facebook discussion here --> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arctic-Cat-Wildcat-UTV/138796919525108

:cool:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Me and my wife both rode in demo's so I know what I'm buying. If they run better than the demo's thats a plus. and your deposit is refundable. AC applies a $500 dollar debit to the dealers part account and then reimburses it back to their account after gets delivered

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm betting that the production model will include dual throttle bodies and a turbo and that they're still trying to decide the boost pressure before they publish the horsepower figures.
At least, that's what i asked Santa for. :cool:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I guess they could be keeping the competition staved off for a little bit.
you hit the nail on the head. they will keep the hp top secret till its actually being distributed. why alert all the competitors of the goals they need to obtain, gives the competition more time to scramble on upgrades.
its a marketing strategy, (may not be the best) but, why get orders for thousands of cats, that arent even built yet? when it hits the floor, the ship will hit the fan! and then, full production can try to keep up with the new orders. ,,,,i am buying it for the suspension first. i can work on hp later. how can they give you hp rating on something the final numbers havent been obtained?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
My dealer also told me my deposit is refundable, so my gripe is personally not that but the fact that Arctic Cat is the one pushing it as a "non-refundable" deposit. Non-refundable is fine, but be up front about what that deposit is securing.

I like your comment it was a little more clear than what I was saying about rumors. The FEEDBACK is hurting on power and the rumors are blowing up off of that. If they KNOW it is going to be different in the end just say so, how difficult is that?????

Facebook discussion here --> Arctic Cat Wildcat UTV | Facebook

:cool:
Why are you lighting up that guy's facebook page? He's just a dealer, not the Arctic Cat Corporate office for Gods sake. It seems like you're a little worked up over this. Nobody wants a ride with low HP. Totally understood. However, there's enough information out there to at least consider that the production units will be stronger. At this point, ranting is probably not going to change much for a company that's committed to an entire assembly line that will be turning out a couple thousand of these per year. The wishes of dual throttle bodies & other major changes is just that...a wish. One must consider the implications of a late pre-production change: just like car manufacturing, the factory does not make all the parts in-house. They must contract with 3rd party manufacturers to get the number of parts they will need for each production run. Key word there is CONTRACT. The reason a contract is necessary is so the plant of origin will have enough non-defective parts to fulfill their production quota - PLUS replacement parts. Production quota is, well frankly the most important thing at this point. A/C is a publicly held company to the best of my knowledge. While they want an excellent first showing in order to gain public interest, at this point in the game, they need ROI. Stockholders will soon be running the show. They are the ones who have footed the bill of R&D and getting this thing to the production phase. They are also the one's who will demand a return on their investment that has been many years in the waiting. You will see the manageable improvements that have been talked about - clutch & some form of the trademarked T-handle and, perhaps some other minor tweaks. But do not think that you can derail an entire production commitment with a few 'loud' posts on some vendors website. At this point, you are either buckled in for the ride or you got out of the roller coaster, waiting to see if the people come back alive and with a smile on their face. If you are that concerned, unbuckle now and get your 5 small back from the dealer - wait for the coaster to come back and get in on the 2nd run if it's 'all that'. No big deal. Just a few extra months of waiting. It's all good.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everything you said is all fine and good but if they want an initial exceptional ROI then they need to paint as good of a picture as possible. They could at least say "we are in final stages and targeting XX horsepower" and it would turn the tide. Yes I could "consider" or "guess" it is going to be better but why should I? They know what they are trying to achieve all they need to do is make it known. They have known what they wanted to produce for years now, no point in making it a secret so close to the end because as you say it isn't going to change much now.

I never had delusions of derailing a production commitment, thats just stupid everyone knows this has been set for a long time, all I am saying is just come out and say what the goal is. Does anyone doubt they know what they are aiming for?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
the hard part for arctic cat and many other's is the consumer product people. they are all walking a thin line thanks to the 90% of jackasses rolling rhino's over. the cant just put out rocket due to liability. now putting hp numbers and saying there gonna make it fly would be great for consumers but a "red flag" to the cps people. im not agreeing with arctic cat on alot of there marketing but you have to understand they are a legit company that has alot to loose . so i would imagine if everyone hangs tight we will see soon enough!!prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I waited and waited for something solid to motivate me to put down the nonrefundable deposit and it never happened so I will enjoy seeing how this all pans out with nothing on the line.:cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree with TX. We are the ones writing the checks and we should be the ones getting at least a little info from AC about what's in store.
I own a Ford Raptor and the Ford SVT engineer actually did a question and answer session on one of the Raptor forums. That was a great gesture on their part and showed that they cared about us as a customer.
One reason I put a deposit down was that I figured AC was going after some of the huge profits that Polaris has been making the last few years. With that in mind I would be shocked if the WC had less power than the XT.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Just Have To Say Something Here You All Must Have Popo SxS
I Have Had AC Atvs Since 08 & Have Had NP With Them Have A popo 6X6 Ranger ( For My Tree Farm ) Have Not Had A Prob. With
So I Have No Problem With Putting A Down Payment ON A Wildcat Un Seen Un Driven
IMO They Are The Easys To Work On ( Im No Mec ) But With The Help Of The Great Peeps On The Fourms I Get Thing Fix
I Dont ? What Cat Does
Plus Might Add A Good Dealer Country Cat # 1

1 - 20 of 42 Posts