Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tracker was acting funny and bogging. I thought it may have been a fuel pump. Since then, it has gone from barely idling to not starting at all. I checked for spark at the plugs and there doesn't seem to be any. It showed a 0630 code a few times which is some weird VIN thing. Most of what I've seen about this code says something has gone haywire in the ECU and just replace it. Does anyone have any information on testing the ECU to verify the problem?

Thanks

Nic

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Without the diagnostic capabilities of a dealer, you are more or less limited to swapping in a known good ECU to see if the problem goes away. Or put your ECU in another XTR to see if the problem travels with it. In the past, Arctic Cat has programmed the ECU to only work with a gauge cluster from the same model year, and it is also possible that XX and XTRs would not be compatible.

The issue then becomes finding someone not afraid that a flaw in your XTR might ruin their ECU, or that your ECU won't cause a failure on their machine. I might do that for a very close friend that I know would not hesitate to write a check if my stuff was harmed, but otherwise I wouldn't want to assume that risk.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya. I hoping to avoid waiting for a Dealer. The machine only has 24 hours. Ran perfect then all of a sudden stopped. Sucks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts