Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those of you who know me or have been by the shop know I have been working on a burn table.

They are called that as they “Burn” a lot of money to get them going.

I got a good deal on this TorchMate 2x2 after the first of the year, it required a complete tear down and cleaning.

After verifying it was in good working order I started building a table for it.
Plans were to keep it a portable one piece self contained unit.

The drawback to a 2x2 table is it’s limited cutting area. I elevated the gantry to
allow for the sliding / indexing of material under it.
With the knowledge I gained on this build I intend to build at least a 5'x10' table
using this one to make all of those brackets with.
Those of you familiar with the plasma system knows the smoke and dust they create
therefore a wet table with replaceable slats is a must.

When your done cutting you need to drain the water to save fishing for parts..
Hmm what can I drain 14 gallons of fluid into? AHA those formative years paid off!

Now how do you get the water from the keg back to the table? A little air on top of the sealed
system forces the water back into the tray (fill time aprox 20 sec). To drain it open it via the
air drain valve and gravity takes over.

A Hypertherm Powermax 65 was chosen as it will handle ½" plate with ease and can be used
in conjunction with the welding skid I posted in another thread.

Making it look pretty. Me thinks the wild cat red was a good choice. The goose-neck
in the drain catches the solids before they go into the keg. Making clean out easy.

Thar be critters coming out of that table and few parts also..

Continual fine tweaking is par for the coarse on these units.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome job. Who wouldnt want one. The shiney keg plazma kutter and tne moose.
Thxs,

What till you see the miniature Wild Cat I've been working on :cool:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Typically polishing off a keg leads to no work getting done... but not in your case.
I was going to buff the keg lightly with a wire wheel, paint it red and call it the Red Keg Kutter. The more I buffed the shinier it got so I renamed it.:cool:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
LMAO! U are slicker than snot on a chickens lip! Its just never ending! Where is that Zombie gun anyway?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
LMAO! U are slicker than snot on a chickens lip! Its just never ending! Where is that Zombie gun anyway?
Working on that art work also..

Looks like he works in the oilfield, those boys can drink a keg dry and keep on a going...
Our bottled water is in a bigger container and has a disinfectant / antifreeze added to it..

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is some more projects I cut, I even beat AC with the release of the new model of kitty:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big Air:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Are you going to be selling any of the art pieces? Thae moose and elk would look right at home in my cabin.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you going to be selling any of the art pieces? Thae moose and elk would look right at home in my cabin.
PM sent your way

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Steve great job!! So I know who I am calling when I need something!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The eagle has landed. Between crashing computers / software, repairing air regulators and tweaking things these are a blast:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Christmas Present time!

Zombie Gurl and I did this one for her man, he went to Africa on a Safari and scored a Kudu.

We loaded this picture into the CAD software and used some digital-voodoo-head-shrinking magic on it:

I then sent it to the shiny keg plaz table and cut it out of 16ga metal. The result is about 2'x2' the picture frame is the picture :cool::

1 - 20 of 43 Posts