Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys here it is i bought two wildcats to use for score and works racing my hope was to keep one for pre running and one for racing.anyways a few month ago i started watching the forum to see what people were saying and got the usual feeling that once people spend there money they will defend there decision.so i finally get my cats home and tear down all the plastic and just like people here said every bolt was loose and just like people said the rubber mageneto cover was gone the first five minutes.i have a test track i use for off road trucks and bikes that simulates moderate rough race conditions.the first day of testing i went 42 miles before drivers side inner cv exploded. went back to the shop and swapped in a new cv the next day went 5 miles before passenger side rear wheel assembly completely came apart . back at the shop i also found out that passenger side inner cv broken internally.so i got two wildcats 36 thousand dollars and yet to get 60 miles . look i am not looking to stir up a bunch forum drama i just want people to know what they are buying and what to expect. what bums me out even more is when calling around to all the people doing r&d on wildcats they all are disappointed in every aspect. my opinion is they look great ,handle great,but they don't last and have major flaws. i feel for the average person cuzing .around on the weekends it might be ok but performance utv as it was billed it is not.sorry to bum some people out but i want people to know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ok guys here it is i bought two wildcats to use for score and works racing my hope was to keep one for pre running and one for racing.anyways a few month ago i started watching the forum to see what people were saying and got the usual feeling that once people spend there money they will defend there decision.so i finally get my cats home and tear down all the plastic and just like people here said every bolt was loose and just like people said the rubber mageneto cover was gone the first five minutes.i have a test track i use for off road trucks and bikes that simulates moderate rough race conditions.the first day of testing i went 42 miles before drivers side inner cv exploded. went back to the shop and swapped in a new cv the next day went 5 miles before passenger side rear wheel assembly completely came apart . back at the shop i also found out that passenger side inner cv broken internally.so i got two wildcats 36 thousand dollars and yet to get 60 miles . look i am not looking to stir up a bunch forum drama i just want people to know what they are buying and what to expect. what bums me out even more is when calling around to all the people doing r&d on wildcats they all are disappointed in every aspect. my opinion is they look great ,handle great,but they don't last and have major flaws. i feel for the average person cuzing .around on the weekends it might be ok but performance utv as it was billed it is not.sorry to bum some people out but i want people to know.
Might as well validate your post with pics and pic of your 2 Cats in possession, other wise most will just say it's another troll---Sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been experiencing.

Happy

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
hate that you had problems but doesnt mean they are all like that buddy... i do understand why you are mad though thats alot of cash to drop so i really hope a cat helps you out to get them whipped into shape.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I honestly find it hard to believe that AC production is that inconsistent. This guy stated his broke within miles and nothing but problems. Another guys states 5 miles in the dunes at Glamis and the belt goes, then replaces (why would be be caring an extra belt for something new?). Another 30 miles and another belt goes. Not to mention, he has a third belt?

I took my cat the day I got it to Glamis, over Presidents weekend and hammered it non stop day and night. I was one of the three in the dunes that weekend. I logged 200 miles is total and "NOTHING BROKE, FELL OFF, BLEW UP, CRACKED, CHIPPED...".

I find it very odd that I (along with others) can have a great experience, yet others claim total melt down disaster right off the truck.

As stated before, if you want to go fast, buy a sand car (not a SxS with 70hp). If you want reliability along with some good fun that will run with the quads and bikes, get a SxS. With that said the cat is the best overall on the market today.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Of course everyone wants and needs their toy to be reliable, that is a given. But I think you should be careful telling people what they should settle for or expect their toy to deliver. This toy was marketed to be the absolute best in the market place, period. That is what I expect from this toy. If we always blindly defend AC, well that is crazy, also people will be leery of telling about problems that may help all of us if we continue to bad mouth anybody that comes on the forum with problems. Just look at all the issues that have been pointed out so far. How many of our issues are already solved, or being dug into by people on this forum because we learned about them on this page. I love the cat, but lets be real about it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Axle and cv problems are common on all sxs's. I've broke em on my mule and rhino. The cv's in my RZRS has clicked since day one. Last week a good friend of mine unloaded his brand new xp and bent both rear cv's. He landed on the gas off a small jump. I own a lot of sxs's ,the only "quality" units are the pure utility machines.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Would you trust one of these things in the depths of mexico?

About as much as I would trust any product made by Polaris or Yamaha.

Never venture out alone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ok guys here are the pictures of my cats and the carnage,take a look make your own decision remember under 60 miles of i would say 85 percent race speed. i don't have any brand loyalty just want to spend my money on good products if u look at the axle splines the would be undersized for a good quad way to short so the retaining nut gets ripped off trying to hold it together. i have such a hard time thinking ac would release a utv like this but i blame my self as much for buying so soon.as far as the cats that finished the koh you have to have a really reserved pace in the desert section to make it through the rocks.and from one of the posts i read one of them hand problems with limp mode in and out. i am not hating just stating facts .yes i do want to sell both cats they won't work for me.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts