Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat is shaping up to be a beast there is always room for more! So for all those who are power hungry Wildcat owners, here's the place to discuss everything related to boost and forced induction :cool:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same turbo system that MCX-USA designed for the Prowler should work with a few simple tweaks as well. I'm sure they'll have a kit on one within a few weeks of getting a test Wildcat :cool:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Does anyone have any guesses as to how much power we're talking about? I think that the wildcat with a turbo such as the one off an 1100 would be a great match. Throw in a remap by speedwerx and WOW! Dog

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am going to have to sell my first born and a kidney to have this thing. I agree that I think the Wildcat with a turbo will be just awesome.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am going to have to sell my first born and a kidney to have this thing. I agree that I think the Wildcat with a turbo will be just awesome.
No question that a turbo will be awesome, but I think I'll start with clutching from Adam at Airdam....I believe he'll pull a lot of hidden HP out of this engine for a lot less $$$$$$ !

·
Registered
791 Posts
Foxfire,
Yes I will start there too. Just dreaming about that added BOOST. Now I just got to figure out how to keep the stock exhaust if I do. The RV park I stay at in Florence, OR has a stock exhaust only policy. It is a great park and my in-laws have been staying there for years. So yep clutch work first.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've driven an MCX powered Prowler and it was stupid fast tractor! Now put that power with the Wildcat and you'll just about have perfection :cool:

·
Registered
686 Posts
agreed. the prowlers are so big and wide and top heavy. the turbo setups on them make them scoot, cause these engines like boost. a good tuner can easily turn 12-14psi thru that engine safely, i have done it, and it makes awesome power. but on the prowler platform you still gotta 1700lb bus you are pulling around. on this wildcat platform we aught to be able to make them flat out silly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
How about the long term reliability of a turbo on this engine? Anybody have any experience?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I too worry about what Forced Induction will do to any of these engines. So hopefully someone who has had long term experiance or knows those that do will shed some light on the subject.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We have made turbo kits for the Thundercat and Prowler XTZ since they came out. Although neither of these kits were extremely popular to have a lot of them on the market, we have not seen any longevity issue with the machines they are installed upon. I know of a customer with a Rhino 700 with a turbo kit with 10,000 miles on it and multiple customers with over 5-6000 miles on their RZRs. We are looking forward to working with the new Wildcat.
We design our kits for long term reliability. All of our kits will have an intercooler. Higher boost kits will also have the compression lowered.

Trey Lokey
MCX-USA
480 779-9629

·
Registered
791 Posts
Boost it,
What company are you with? And Welcome to the Forum....:D

Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
i am sure he can not say, not being a vendor yet will get him permanently banned for saying his name, that would be advertising. give them a minute to become a vendor and i am sure you all will know who they are.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks 4Nines.

Again Trey welcome to the Forum and I am sure at some point I will be talking with you. I have looked at your kits for other SXS's and they are very nice. It will be a hard choice to decide which turbo kit to go with when the time comes. Your and the compitions are all very well thought out and of the highest quality.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Will be interesting to see what you come up with for the WC, Trey....will also be interesting to see how low you can keep the price..:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since we have a kit for the other two A/Cs, we already have a good idea of what it is going to take to make a good reliable kit for the Wildcat.
As far as pricing goes, I would expect pricing to be in line with the rest of our products. We will be using the same components in this kit as our others. We will certainly make the higher boost kit like we have for the other vehicles and it is very likely that we will produce a lower boost kit that does not require any motor work to drop the compression.
These kits will also have our newest Gen5 EFI fuel control module that has been updated with a 144 cell fuel table and is consumer tunable with the simple connection of a laptop.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts