Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to ride with a Wildcat on some of the most technical terrain I have ever ridden this past weekend in Red River Gorge / Natural Bridge in Kentucky. There were a few XPS in the the group as well.

All I can say is the Wildcat is all that for the kind of riding I do. Also helps the owner / driver was a A+ rider, but still it was absolutely amazing to watch with the stock tires. Hopefully can get the videos uploaded, he was doing some things I just don't have enough sac to do lol.

I saw two complaints -
1) paint is peeling - what is up with that?
2) The radius rods in the back got bent just like the XPs do.

possible 3rd:
And someday the accessories will ship :cool:

I am absolutely impressed with it, friggin billy goat climbing darn near 50' verticle rock faces seriously

·
Registered
545 Posts
My paint is peeling also dealer taking care of,just don't have parts yet.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
automotive paint, oh yea, it scratches and chips, just like automotive paint can.
should have imbeaded color into plastic. too many trees and short turning radius, mine is already battled scarred. 100 miles

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yep, losing paint and my decals are peeling. I don't much care, it isn't a trailer queen. However, the missus isn't too happy. She told me to get some touch up paint ordered. That might be a full time job:). I have bent a front tie rod but so far everything else is good. Got my front a-frame, tie-rod guards (Factory UTV) on and the skid plates arrived Saturday. Also got my Pro-Comp Exterme tires mounted and I'm pretty happy with those to. I'm getting better with the turning radius in tight woods trails, learning when to turn out and then back in helps but sometimes you're just gonna have to back up. Also I'm gonna throw my battery powered sawzall in the storage box and do a little trimming here and there:fingersx:.

Dwight

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Strange thing is that I never had one paint issue with my XTZ. They were also painted plastics. I wounder if some of the plastics on the Wildcat flex more or something. I understand the doors rubbing will cause paint issues, but paint just cracking without anything hitting it shouldn't happen. Maybe these new plastics aren't prepped as well for the paint in the first place..............

·
Registered
78 Posts
my paint to peel off but dont worry your dealer will claim it and your will get some new one.the problem its no prep before paint and no flex agent i know cause im a bodyman. anyways if they pell again i will paint it myself lol but for the rest the wildcat is #1.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dent you are right. My XTZ got beatup pretty bad and the paint held up realy well. Im sure they will get it fixed on the next run. Better paint problems then somthing real bad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think i know he is talking about! Me! yeah baditude this is matt. Glad you liked it and had a good time cant wait to go to brimstone! Next time we go out you can take her for a spin and see what you think. I would have this last time but i just never thought about it.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
my paint to peel off but dont worry your dealer will claim it and your will get some new one.the problem its no prep before paint and no flex agent i know cause im a bodyman. anyways if they pell again i will paint it myself lol but for the rest the wildcat is #1.
If / When my paint goes it will probably get stripped and sprayed with some Kevlar re-enforced Line-X :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Great write up, Bad......I knew you would like it when you got to see it in action!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think i know he is talking about! Me! yeah baditude this is matt. Glad you liked it and had a good time cant wait to go to brimstone! Next time we go out you can take her for a spin and see what you think. I would have this last time but i just never thought about it.
The problem is you make it look to easy, but now that I know the machine can do it all I need to do now is get one and grow a bigger pair lol :cool:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
We rode at Pickett State Forest in TN last weekend. The sons cat made the place a cakewalk. Yes it is very tight, he had to back up several times and he did lose a hubcap somewhere on the trail. Not knowing the area and following the group through the by passes was the problem. The leader was using the bypasses for those of us on ATV's. The bypasses are never very wide and he had problems with them. After he started following an XP and a 4 seat XP through the main trail he had no more problems. Biggest problem we had was the amount of mud and water that gets thrown into the cockpit. Vendors, we need roofs, windsheilds and fender flares. I have video from behind but am having trouble uploading to youtube.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Would really like to see that video.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Help me out. Took video from a Go Pro, MPEG4, edited with cyberlink down to about 9 minutes. I have tried to load from editor straight to youtube, over 6 hours load time so I cancelled it. Tried from my computer using Youtubes upload manager, same issues. I have DSL with good speed so I don't think that is the problem. I also tried just loading the short unedited clips and have the same issue, really long load times. Should I just change the file extensions to a lesser quality video? Just doesn't want to cooperate.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry I dont know, ask TX he knows everything.:cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Go Pro is a very high definition camera and the files are huge. You will need to lower the quality to allow a shorter download. Even short videos can have a gig or 2 and it will take forever. You may need to get a good editing program and convert to maybe 720i and shorten it a little . Look at the file size needs to be under 300 -500 mega bits. I use pinnacle studio 15 and it can convert to any format and size to download to utube. You can also change the camera to shoot a lower quality but I alway like the higher quality to use on a computer or TV and just change the quality for other applications.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Sorry I dont know, ask TX he knows everything.:cool:
Not quite but if I don't know and care to know I will find out.

Like was said above the filesize is likely large. Download "Freemake video converter" and convert the clip to a smaller type file. Also make sure you use the advanced upload option on youtube, for very large files. DSL upload speed is not typically as fast as cable so you will likely need the advanced upload which is an FTP style upload meaning it is batch style and resumable should your connection drop.

Take your MPEG-4 and convert it to MP4, TV quality, MPEG4, AAC that will chop it down by around 4 or 5 to 1 and should solve your problem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts