Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
sweet, what did you use for a bracket? how did you mount it? i am gonna do the same thing, where did you get the fairlead piece?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cut a 3/16 plate to fit between the frame then cut the hawes mount off to weld on top of plate. The hawes bracket and alum hawes came with winch.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
did you hear that utvinc? make me one

Cut a 3/16 plate to fit between the frame then cut the hawes mount off to weld on top of plate. The hawes bracket and alum hawes came with winch.

Reactions: wvabeer

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
This thread needs a new title. I clicked on this expecting pics of someone's old lady and I get this. Blasphemy!

Looks like fun though, I can tie it to my buddies xp and laugh at him!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like the idea that it's up high. I think if you get stuck the wrong way you will not be able to install the winch in the front 2 inch reciever.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks great. I prefer it up out of the mud.

I have a similar setup on my RZR. Just remember when you are winching that the winch anchor point should generally be slightly above the winch mount point on the cat. Other wise you are pulling down on the cat, compressing the front suspension and pushing into the mud.

If your anchor point is higher then you are lessening the weight on the front tires.

Had a few winches in the jungle where the RZR was doing a nose stand because the front wheels were so stuck and the only anchor point was below the winch mounting point.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Really like the winch ! Tried it out yet ? Can you get to the free spool ? We like to use our winches to tie units down in the trailer, obviously this won't work but sure we can come up with something else.

·
Registered
396 Posts
We are in the process of building a kit right now. We will have it available soon. Our new company name is wildcat willy's.
I am planning on doing something similar on my cat when I get the frame work done, but wouldn't mind buying your kit or the plans so I don't have to go through the bother of doing it myself'

I know you are currently working with D&P Performance

So when will it be ready for sale??

When are you going to have the wildcat Willy's web site up??

Or is there another way to see all of the stuff you have designed or are ready to sell so far????

Mike

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Are You A Supporting Vender ?
Why Are You Posting In Other Venders Thread Selling The Same Thing ?
Are You Planning On Becoming A Vender ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts