Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how AC controls throttle when the wheels are not in contact with the ground? Flying across whoop tops with the gas pedal down has to be hard on the drivetrain and could increase the chance for axle breakage. I recall Can Am 1000X rolled back on the throttle and caused nose dive during jumps.

·
Registered
686 Posts
arctic cat is still a throttle cable system, so the throttle stays open when you top the whoops. cat has a spike load dampner in the nose of the rear differential to absorb the spike loads of the tires hitting ground suddenly. this spike load dampner system is also on the prowler XTZ and many of the mudpro machines. it reduces driveline shocks when the tires hit an immovable object like a tree root, ruts, or the ground with the wheels spinning at top speeds. this system seems rather effective at eliminating driveline breakage. with the newer designed axles that cat has, they are stronger than any other axle on the market. notice the "white inner cups" on the axles. these white cups represent one of the strongest axles there is. the axle can take anything you dish at it. the rear end has 3.1 gears which are nearly indesctuctible, the spike load dampner in the rear end absorbs the shockloads and keeps the shockloads from transfering into the transmission. there is no rear driveshaft as the transmission is bolted to the front of the rear end. so less parts to break.

·
Registered
791 Posts
AirDam,
There has been some talk about having to turnoff the LDS system when the HP is increased. Do you know if this will have to be done on the Wildcat too? The concept of the system sounds great and knowing I won't break an axle as easy as other SXS's makes me feel a lot better. But if by adding a turbo or other power adders then requires me to disable the LDS it defeats the purpose.

I know this isn't what this thread is about but what is your take on the released HP. What will need to be done to get some HP back?
Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
He is in the know. His clutching will help. I have driven a XP and a Prowler 1000 with a few mods (Airdam clutching, dual exhaust and intake) and the prowler was faster in a drag race, the suspension just wasnt there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts