Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bent the inner tie rod last weekend, I replaced it with a new unit and unfortunately the better half had a little run in with a tree on a wet trail Saturday. I’ve ordered a new one but was able to bend the first one back to being pretty straight. The thing is when I get it aligned it doesn’t seem like there’s enough threads in the outer tie rod end to be rigid. Probably about 5/8s inch threaded in. Is that normal to have the passenger side not screwed in as far as the drivers side? It does have the super atv lift not sure if that affects it any. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was before I swapped out the tie rod, just wondering if that’s normal to have that many threads exposed instead of threaded. The drivers side has more thread engagement

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was under the impression to screw the inner in all the way down to the rack, then adjust the alignment by screwing in on the outer tie rod? Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either way, won’t the inner end up tight against the rack? Which would result in the same position I’m in now once I’ve adjusted for the alignment? I’ve looked at where the rack mounts and doesn’t seem to be bent and all the bolts are tight. Anything else I’m over looking?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No because if you've turned the inner all the way in the the outer would be all the way in too.

I was under the impression to screw the inner in all the way down to the rack, then adjust the alignment by screwing in on the outer tie rod? Thanks for the replies
You adjust the Tie rod end by turning the Tie Rod, the threads are a left hand on one end & right on the other.
That's why you start both end at the same time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you’ve maybe confused the tie rod setup with the larger wildcats, the trail tie rod looks like this. Threaded on both ends with a knuckle on the end that goes into the rack.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I stand corrected, thank you for that, I guess I should look it up before speaking, I had assumed it was like any ATV I had worked on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts