Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Sport with the 14” sti hd beadlocks with 30x10 carnivores. Have the super atv lift with 2” wheel spacers. I’m wanting to get rid of the lift and wheel spacers because I’m tired of breaking everything so easily. Bought the bike with everything on it that is. My question is can I clear the tires without having issues with rubbing if I take the lift and spacers off? I’m not 100% but I believe the wheels are a 5+2 offset. Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
Judging from the angles of the front A-arms, I would say the front springs are set fairly soft, mine are at the same angle with-out the lift. So you won't loose much clearance removing it.
With 2" spacers & 2" off-set you must be ridiculously wide, 60+2 spacers on each side +2 off-set on each side = 68" overall width!
What I would do is remove spacers & see if you get rubbing, I doubt you will.

What are you breaking?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m having trouble breaking rear axles. Going into a turn to fast and giving throttle in the turn is breaking rear axles out at the spindle flush with the back of the castle nut,(makes for an interesting day). And now that you said it about the offset I believe I was wrong on the 5+2 because I’m only measuring about 64”. Like I said I don’t know much about how the offset measurements work. So another words my wheels are a zero offset. This machine was built for low speed rock and mud and I’m a high speed driver. Hate to lose the ground clearance but not worth the wear and tear on parts. Might just have to take it all off one day and see for myself how it works.

·
Registered
963 Posts
If it has the spring spacer for lift on the rear I would take that out it may be making the axle angle to sharp on the inside corner on turns.
Did you make note which axle breaks in the turn under power? Inside or outside?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the outside axle. I’m assuming from where all the weight shifts to that side when turning.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I run 14" 5+2 wheels with 30x10 tires all around and have no issues with clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same set up minus the huge tires....still have 26s and never broke anything....my 2cents would be to sell those tires and throw 26" on it. It won't be the coolest looking sport or you won't have bragging rights but it'll solve your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts