Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire & Rim Weights Ref.
Lets Post Up The Weights Of Your New Tires & Rims
For A Quick Ref. For Folks
Think It Would Help Out For Things Like Clutching

Wildcat Stock Rims & Tires Rear 35 Lb Fronts 30 Lb

Rims Vison 161 Bruiser 14-8 4+4 Off Set / Pit Bull Growler Uber 27.5 - 11 - 14 49 Lb. Each On All 4

Reactions: socaldmax

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Great idea FoM, there are some big performance differences out there between tires and wheels due to the effects of rotational inertia. It's not a lb for lb addition, rotational inertia makes those pounds grow exponentially. Of course you have to weigh in that a heavier tire is usually a tougher tire. We've had great luck with Bighorns in the past, but the light weight Bighorn 2's that came on our Commander were pretty poor as far as being puncture proof.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Seems like fom yours are about 1lb lighter up front and 6lbs in the rear per tire? Just seeing if I'm reading correctly.
No. His aftermarket set up weighs 49lbs. per corner. That is 19lbs heavier for each front corner and 14lbs each on the rears. That is a ton of extra weight. I'm sure for your style of riding that the durability and traction are more important than the weight though..........

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sedona Ripsaw tires: 26x9x14 are 30 lbs ea. 26x11x14 are 36.5 lbs ea. ITP C series T7 beadlock wheels 14x7 are 15.5 lbs ea. Total weights of this combo: 45.5 lbs front, and 52 lbs rear.

·
Registered
675 Posts
To give you an idea of what the stock tires without the rims weigh. I weighed some that have 200 miles on them on my bathroom scale. they still look like they are fairly new. the fronts were about 18lbs and the rears were about 23. that would put the rims at about 11-12lbs based on what was said earlier 30 front and 35 rear.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
To give you an idea of what the stock tires without the rims weigh. I weighed some that have 200 miles on them on my bathroom scale. they still look like they are fairly new. the fronts were about 18lbs and the rears were about 23. that would put the rims at about 11-12lbs based on what was said earlier 30 front and 35 rear.
I wonder what the stock tires by themselves weight each
:confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have been considering the Sedona Rip Saws...
Here is there exact weight from Western Power Sports

Here are the Rip-Saw tire weights:

• 26x9R-14 = (31.75 lbs.)
  • 26x11-14 = (36.40 lbs.)
I think i am going to have to keep looking. They are heavier than I was hoping.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have been considering the Sedona Rip Saws...
Here is there exact weight from Western Power Sports

Here are the Rip-Saw tire weights:

• 26x9R-14 = (31.75 lbs.)
  • 26x11-14 = (36.40 lbs.)
I think i am going to have to keep looking. They are heavier than I was hoping.

When you consider that all tires are basically constructed the same, the heaviest tire must therefore have the thicker, stiffer carcass and more rubber on the tread. That's what I was shopping for when I selected those.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts