Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what you running for tires im getin a set of 27x11x12 rear 27x9x12 front mudlite xtrs this week good looking radial and had great reviews mounting on stock steel wheels but i might mod some custom rim guards about 2 "wide welded all around the outer edge and cut some drain holes i hit a few rocks so far and they dent up easy

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm curious how many psi you are running?? My 27x11 radials are at 6 psi. They are 8 ply.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious how many psi you are running?? My 27x11 radials are at 6 psi. They are 8 ply.
im runnin 8 psi these radials are a 6ply construction there still stiff but i havent hit the trails yet im thinking i might have to drop another 2 psi by the kick of my boot but ill try im at 8 for a bit
my bud is running the kenda claws on his rhino he loves them i couldnt get the same thing but the tires are similar

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Reactions: nebulater

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have 1K on Sedonia rip saws, 6ply. A step up on handling from stock. I bought the stock size front and rear and they measure 26 not 27 which I like. 8.5 front 8 rear is working well. With almost no tire squat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have 1K on Sedonia rip saws, 6ply. A step up on handling from stock. I bought the stock size front and rear and they measure 26 not 27 which I like. 8.5 front 8 rear is working well. With almost no tire squat.
ya the 26 " stockers on the sport are only 25ers in real life haha the xtrs are 27s all the way i got 2 " lift of ground clearance now and they work great

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P3030045.JPG huge skiddr ruts in the clearing used to be a path threw the bush now theres no path just ruts up to your roof
i was high n dry here trying to cross straight over first time the winch was used

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8 psi works great for these tires in hard dirt mud road i think if i was going on a rock excursion id drop to 6 maybe 5 psi but for the rest ill keep em at 8 corners good drifts still good throws rocks n dirt great lol

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
View attachment 39725 huge skiddr ruts in the clearing used to be a path threw the bush now theres no path just ruts up to your roof
i was high n dry here trying to cross straight over first time the winch was used
You need a uhmw skid plate and a heavier foot haha. I drove over a massive hardwood log someone dropped across the road to keep trucks out. Use diff lock to get the front tires up then floor it to get past the tipping point then the front tires drag you back end over. Too little gas and you end up with a tetter todder and a photo op. Everybody else drove around, i had to be different. Careful in those old cut overs, i got a stump jammed in the gap between my rear frame and rear control arm. Friggen thing was hidden in the grass. Ruined a new chainsaw bar and chain cutting it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup but if id a jumped this hump theres another 3 foot bank id a dove into nose first it was hot and id been crawlin overthese ruts for almost an hour i just wanted to get out of them and hit the trail again lol i will need a skid plate soon rocky around here

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
My skid lasted 20 minutes into the first ride with the rocks we have. Skidder ruts aint no fun, especially when you find them in the long grass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts