Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier i posted that i was in the market for a SxS and that i fell in love with the WC at first sight. After reading the forums and talking to friends i got scared about the problems listed here. But..... I bought it anyway, especially after hearing from Tennessee and others. Well yesterday we took delivery from Bass Pro and today we went riding. For readers in AZ, we took the box-canyon from US60 south on Mineral Mountain Rd, all the way to the Coax ovens, accros the Gila river, over to the Diversion Dam at Florence, crossed the river again, through the box canyon and up to US60, where the truck was parked. 65 miles!! of rugged mountain passes, sandy washed, gravel roads and full bore dirt high ways. conclusion: WHAT A MACHINE!!! it took every obstacle as if it were not there!!! sometimes the missus and i were flying 45-55 mph and got to sudden wash-out area's. too late to brake and we braced ourselves for the impact...... but the WC absorbed it as if it wasn't even there...

But let me back up to our false start. The tires the WC comes with stock are absolutely HORRID!! 2 miles down the gravel road, going slow as we were just breaking in the machine, doing at the most 25-30mph, we got a flat!! a hole in the rear tire the size of a golf ball!!!! UGH!!! back to town for 4 more appropriate tires. I bought 4 Sedona tires, razor something... Those are great!! I had never heard of this brand, but went with the recommendation of the Ride-now dealership in Apache Junction.

Anyway, the ride was awesome and after taking it easy the first 30-40 miles we started to open it up a little more. it is an absolutely amazing machine. Yes, crossing the river caused the area where your feet are to flood, but it drained very quick. I do think there is a slight design flaw, as the water was less then 20 inches deep, the foot area should have been more of a tub style area. But the missus put her feet on the dash, and us men don't care about riding with wet feet.

the shifting between low and high gear is mostly flawless, although there seems to be too much room between them in the shifter and it got in between gears here and there. But more precise shifting resolved this. Also switching from 2x4 to 4x4 to locked diff was without trouble.

I know it is only the first 65 miles, but it performed as every one here is describing:AWESOME.

thanks, forum members, for guiding me through this purchase. It has been an awesome run!!

now shower....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Glad you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
woot!:cool:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i dont want to SAY WE TOLD YA SO! but we TOLD YA SO! LOL enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
32 Posts
Saw you and the new green Kitty on the trail yesterday. We were 3 quads and a Rhino. Was a great day for a ride. You really covered some ground. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm new to mine too. I have under 100 miles so far. My first all out experience was not what I thought it would be. I throttled it up on a roadside trail passing cars on the road next to me. I could not stop laughing out of excitement for about 10 minutes. Even with my buddies yelling at me for kicking up rocks when I shot ahead of them! Enjoy the crap out of it. I know I have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts