Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode all over central Montana in Sept. Trip was from 5000' to 8700'. The cat never missed a beat. Finished it up with a couple nights at Monument Peak fire tower. The Aurora cam out and played the fist nigh all night long. Very nice. Laying in the bed looking out the windows at the show. Felt like we were up in the sky with the Northern Lights.

Donny
Monument Peak Aurora Tower_sm.jpg Tower Cat (1).jpg Tower Power_sm.jpg

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
Very cool pics!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thats beautiful!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Really nice

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
That first pic is good for wildcat of the month. Keep that one for sure..just another location for me to go riding...very nice

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Compliments.. It was a neat place to spend a couple nights. The best place for riding was SW of Helena Montana. SO many old abandoned mines and roads that are not roads to run on. I could spend a couple more weeks just exploring that one area. Look up the Ghost town Rimini. From there south to I90 east to I 15 west to Deer Loge and North to Hwy 12. Lots to explore. To bad my wife gets altitude sick above 7000' So I wont be going back.

Here is the time lapse from one of the nights at the fire tower:
Here is a shot of the cabin we stayed at near Rimini. $60 a night. The fire tower was $30 a night.
Moose Creek Cabin at night_sm.jpg

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
Thanks for the Compliments.. It was a neat place to spend a couple nights. The best place for riding was SW of Helena Montana. SO many old abandoned mines and roads that are not roads to run on. I could spend a couple more weeks just exploring that one area. Look up the Ghost town Rimini. From there south to I90 east to I 15 west to Deer Loge and North to Hwy 12. Lots to explore. To bad my wife gets altitude sick above 7000' So I wont be going back.

Here is the time lapse from one of the nights at the fire tower:
Here is a shot of the cabin we stayed at near Rimini. $60 a night. The fire tower was $30 a night.
View attachment 41348
Very cool!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wow...... Very very awesome pics

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very cool. Seeing the norther lights is definitely on the bucket list. Even better using the wildcat to get there! I miss the stars. When we first moved to where I live 16 years ago we could lay out and see quite a few stars, nowadays it has been so overdeveloped that you're lucky to see any with all the light pollution. Time to move!

Oh, and happy birthday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts