Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013.5 Wildcat 1000X Limited will not go over 7000RPM in High, and will therefore not go much faster than 80KM/hr. I have installed a Dalton clutch kit, which made little to no difference, other than it seems to engage at a slightly higher RPM than previous. I can spin the tires/fishtail at lower speeds, but once I get up to about 60 KM/Hr, there is not much punch to full throttle application, and RPM will hit 7000 briefly and then fall back to just under that. 80-85KM/Hr is top speed. My riding partner in a RZR 1000 will lose me pretty easily when we are ditch banging on good trails, as he seems to have much better mid range punch and way more top end speed. Trying to figure out what may be the issue with the top end being relatively low. By most accounts I am reading that my top end should be 70-75MPH, or 110-120KMH, and I am not close to that. The only other modification was that I put on a snorkel kit last winter. Is it possible that the machine is lacking air at top end in high gear? I can get 7500RPM in low gear, but not in high. Could this be a computer setting on the machine that needs adjusting? Looking for options to gain a little top end speed, closer to what others are reporting. I purchased the machine used last summer but didn't push it hard last year. This year I'm using all available power and find myself disappointed with the results. Appreciate any help anyone out there can offer. Thanks

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
What belt is on it? I ask because my cousin had the same issue and the Gates belts he was getting where not correct. I highly recommend only factory AC belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Well if it has the AC # 0823-496 belt then I would say the issue could be in the clutch somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
you say you installed a Dalton clutch in your rig, did you install it as what it was when you got it? or did you do some adjusting with it like weights, springs? sounds like some of that needs to be done..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Dalton Kit installed was specific for this machine (2013.5 1000X) It came with adjustable weights, which, when you install the kit, needs to be based on the size of tires you are running. Since I have 28", this required the smallest amount of weight addition to the bare weights supplied in the kit. It also came with a new primary and secondary spring, both of which were installed. Performance wise, as compared to before the kit installation, there was really not a lot of difference, other than I did notice slightly later engagement on takeoff by a couple hundred RPM. No change to top end speed at just over 50 MPH, and top RPM in High at just under 7000 RPM. Take-off and low speed acceleration seems good. Punching it when moving along at, say, 35 MPH, is underwhelming, and top speed would appear to be about 20MPH low. The unit has 1400 miles on it, about half of which I have put on it. The clutch weights and springs removed looked to be stock. Could this issue be related to the secondary clutch? Is it a programming issue where the CPU is simply not allowing higher RPM by restricting something? I can get 7400RPM in low, but travelling that way again severely hampers the speed; good power, no speed. Any suggestions NDHotbodies? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts