Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with a ground Control toy hauler by Heritage one I’ve found one that might fit my needs but not much on the web about them I do know they are out of Business now it’s a 2010 model thanks

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
If they are out of business, might be hard trying to find parts, and a '10 will probably start needing them sooner than later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is true this will be my first camper I thought most have standard parts but probably have brand Specific parts to I’ll try to remember that when I look at it ty

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
We have a 2001 KZ 30 toy hauler that has been great, everything works and it has needed very few repairs, we have a rv outlet close by that sells surplus parts that has been very helpful. Look for leaking roof signs and overall condition before you buy but we've been very happy with our used purchase. Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,503 Posts
^^^^^and remember to stow the awning during inclement weather...sorry mark, i couldn't resist...

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've been kind of looking at used RVs. Take a look on YouTube. There's lots of videos on what to look for in a used RV. One example is the screw straps on the corner. Pull back the cover and see if any screws are rusted. If so, there's probably a water problem in that vicinity.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure will ty if this one don’t look good thinking about doing a cargo trailer conversion thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
I really liked my Raptor Toyhauler (didn't say I loved it) but found it did not do well in extreme weather, Hot or Cold. Had to take extra heater in the cold and added a second AC unit for the heat. Also I am not a fan of the triple axle. The scrubbing of of the tires on the third axle made the tires fail early and I ran the best tire available at the time. Another con was did not like having the Gen located under the bed.
rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think most of us started in a tent then to a small pull trailer then to a fifth wheel and then to a motor home. I have a motorhome and I am on my way back down to a fifth wheel and probably to a small pull trailer. Most of them have been used and all of them new or old need repairs. I don't think you should be afraid of a used one. You will never find a perfect one, find one you like, checked out all of the obvious and as much of the hidden as you can. Buy one and never look back. Besides a car or a truck they will be the worst investment you will ever make. Go for it and have fun.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
We have a '99 Weekend Warrior 22Ft front kitchen. Even though it is one of the models sold that sent the original company into bankruptcy it is still hanging in there. I have had to do a lot of work on it to keep it on the road but it hauls our '14 X just fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I saw it was still for sale went and looked at it and I’m bringing it home on the 23rd it was in good shape 22 ft long bed on rails in the back two fold up couches fridge microwave bathroom love will post pic later

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
Well I saw it was still for sale went and looked at it and I’m bringing it home on the 23rd it was in good shape 22 ft long bed on rails in the back two fold up couches fridge microwave bathroom love will post pic later
Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts