Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a good size rock while ripping along a trail this weekend and did some damage to the front passenger underside of the frame :mad:. Seemed harmless enough at the time, but upon further inspection... well, the pics speak for themselves. My concern is the frame is bent now (the front sub section definitely is).
I think it's repairable, but curious what you guys think...

IMG_20191007_155822.jpg IMG_20191007_155558.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bottom tubes still look straight. The lower A- arm looks to still run straight with the tubes. I have seen alot worse, I think you're fine. Measure your wheelbase centers and compare sides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did a spot check on the passenger side wheel and it looks a little toed-in. Also looks like that side of the front sub frame is bent up about 1/4 of an inch - this probably is due to the fact the hit was from underneath and pushed the box frame mount rearward and up. At some point over the winter I'll probably bring it in to a shop and have them straighten and weld things back to spec. I figure Im going to need about another 4-5 inches of clearance for where I ride...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insurance company says I need to replace the frame... Curious if anyone has done this, it's probably a huge pain in the ass Im guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts