Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a heck of a time keeping my wifes 2014 trail on the trail. this summer it seems the suspension parts have been breaking. i have put the bigger wheel studs on after they kept breaking. now they dont break, but the tie rod ends and the rear a-arms have broken. is there any a-arm upgrades that wont make it over 50" wide? i ride a dirt bike and she drives this. i love it that she can keep up, and i dont want her to slow down. i just need a stronger suspension for piece of mind. thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Try super atv. Not sure if they have a non long travel kit for the trail, but the set i put on my sport are definitely better built than stock.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did your upper or lower rears break? Make sure all your suspension bolts are tight before every ride. I blue locktite all of mine. Loose bolts will destroy the suspension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the long travel kit make it wider than 50"? we still need to get thru the trail gates.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My brother went with the bandit 46series shocks and he said it was a huge difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We have had nothing but trouble out of my daughters 2017 wildcat trail. swing arm bushings, electronics. money pit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I drive mine pretty hard and its been a very trouble free machine. My dad had a replacement engine due to oil line coming off, otherwise his has been a great machine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When your front upper A-Arm tabs rip off you're going to have to do something like this.
IMG_20191001_111939013.jpg
When your rear lower arm tabs break off at the knuckle you're going to have to do something like this.
IMG_20190904_113336692.jpg
Bandit springs are great. Use OE ball joints, aftermarket are crap, replace the pinch bolts too when you replace the joint and use retaining compound. Keep a close eye on your tie rods they will bend and break eventually and when they do they will break other stuff with them. Other than those two big break areas the stock trail suspension is ok. Just watch the problem spots for early signs of failure. Enjoy your machine and just be careful to not mess up stuff you could have prevented!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts