Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys I’m a new member love the forum baught a new xx back in the spring took it for a ride on the weekand and blew my high gear unfortunately I have no warranty it’s just past the 6th month just under 2500 km my dealer exsplaind to textron and there not covering the repairs.when I baught the bike I had lots of clunking whren I put it in gear they said it was normal I feel that this is it the cause to the damage.
Bottom line would love to have this fixed once and for all.would like to know if any one in Canada that I can send it that specialized in fixing it planing on getting a turbo installed
But not confident that this transmission will Handel it
Well, look like it's the first time and the last time I will buy an ArticCat, that sucker broke down after 500km , the drive shaft for the front wheel snap!!! Seriously! Now this weekend the transmission broke down just like you no more High! Out of 12 bike that range from CFmoto to Can-am doing the same ride, jump and playing in mud and sand, i'm the only one who have to drag that piece of shit out of the pit! Fortunatly it's still under waranty, but as soon it's fix i'm selling it and go for another brand for sure, I wont be stuck every single time i'm going out with my ride, out of six ride, it broke 2 time WOW! so reliable.
None of my buddy understand how a machine broke down so offen espacially when i'm the less cowboy of all on my machine! Really disapointed on my purchase!

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
wow...that's some bad luck...we've had 3 a/c trv atvs', 2 a/c wildcat trail sxs' and 1 a/c wildcat xx sxs since 2005 and never broke down on a trail...only 1 flat to fix...hope your next ride, whatever it is, doesn't disappoint...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, look like it's the first time and the last time I will buy an ArticCat, that sucker broke down after 500km , the drive shaft for the front wheel snap!!! Seriously! Now this weekend the transmission broke down just like you no more High! Out of 12 bike that range from CFmoto to Can-am doing the same ride, jump and playing in mud and sand, i'm the only one who have to drag that piece of shit out of the pit! Fortunatly it's still under waranty, but as soon it's fix i'm selling it and go for another brand for sure, I wont be stuck every single time i'm going out with my ride, out of six ride, it broke 2 time WOW! so reliable.
None of my buddy understand how a machine broke down so offen espacially when i'm the less cowboy of all on my machine! Really disapointed on my purchase!
is this the charcoal 2018 model ?
I picked up the trans axel one from a 2020
Model suppose the high gears are made
a little bigger and stronger fortunately yours
Is warranties
as far as the front drive shaft snapped is that the drive shaft before the front diff cause mine broke aswell the dealer claimed it was Lac of weld on the spline

·
Registered
10 Posts
is this the charcoal 2018 model ?
I picked up the trans axel one from a 2020
Model suppose the high gears are made
a little bigger and stronger fortunately yours
Is warranties
as far as the front drive shaft snapped is that the drive shaft before the front diff cause mine broke aswell the dealer claimed it was Lac of weld on the spline
Yes, exactly, just before the differential, got stuck in the sand pit. Really, so far not impresse by the reliability!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
There are many of us that have thousands of miles with zero issues.

You can find a dud machine from any of the manufacturers, but you do seem to be having more trouble than most. Hope if all gets fixed quickly, then you can decide to move on or trust that all the gremlins have been fixed.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
that part of the front drive shaft is made to break to protect the front diff.. it breaking is mostly caused by having the throttle pegged when landing after a jump..

·
Registered
10 Posts
that part of the front drive shaft is made to break to protect the front diff.. it breaking is mostly caused by having the throttle pegged when landing after a jump..
It's not my first machine, I know how to land properly. And for the tranny? This machine is for sunday drivers? It's a pure lack of engeeniring, when after one years they are already updating the front axle cause they are too weak, they should have made their home work better knowing they have 130HP pushing the machine!

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still waiting for the dealer return on what need to be done. My buddy talk to a guy who was working for an Articcat dealer and he told me everything that need to be aware on and OH god! It's start with the drive shaft, then tranny, axle and electronics, you only confirm what he told me, HE a guy who worked for Articcat, told me to sell my ride, it's made for sunday drivers who only ride trail! Don't try anything to extravaganza with this ride it will shatter in parts! And for what I've seen so far riding witn my buds, look like I will stay behind If i keep it. Went for it cause it look good, Have a great engine even if its the old Gen yamaha, but tranny, transfert case, electronics are weak and need serious update! This machine not supposed to stay in your garage and look good, it's suppose to do what you pay for it!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Every brand has issues.

I drive relatively hard - that throttle pedal goes all the way to the floor for a reason. I've had one issue in 1600 miles, and that one was my fault.

I'm guessing this ex-Arctic Cat guy that your buddy talked to didn't leave his job by his own choice, and has an axe to grind. Sell it if you have lost confidence. Someone else will enjoy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, now they change the tranny! 3 weeks to have this done, ArticCat can't supplie repair parts, had to buy it from a dealer in the US! Seriously Textron need to do their home works, they suck at customer services! Had one nice weekend in the snow with it, now, last night it started to skip, like their's a fuel pump issue or miss fire, seriously this WildCat XX start to piss me off, and before you tell me you have an an ArticCat for watever years blablabla, THE WILDCAT XX in it's actual form his only 2 YEAR old, so no its not ArticCat usual mechanics or engineering! It's funny how on 100 of side you see in the traills here in Canada you barely see any WildCat, well ppl don't want to be tester for new product, or if they do, they want at least proper services or cutomer cares, there's none from ArticCat at all!! So now it need to go bach to the dealer to find watever make the bike skip! GGRRRR! I'm burning off the waranty then it's gone foe good.
Every brand has issues.

(I drive relatively hard - that throttle pedal goes all the way to the floor for a reason. I've had one issue in 1600 miles, and that one was my fault.

I'm guessing this ex-Arctic Cat guy that your buddy talked to didn't leave his job by his own choice, and has an axe to grind. Sell it if you have lost confidence. Someone else will enjoy it.)
And no this guy went for better salary and everything he told me so far happening, nobody will enjoy this machine unless it's a 60yrs old going out in the trail for his sunday drive!

There's so few XX out there to say they are reliable compare to other brands when I see all the complainte on this Forum, it's just not normal or couple issues, they all seem to have issues and some come back to offend!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, now they change the tranny! 3 weeks to have this done, ArticCat can't supplie repair parts, had to buy it from a dealer in the US! Seriously Textron need to do their home works, they suck at customer services! Had one nice weekend in the snow with it, now, last night it started to skip, like their's a fuel pump issue or miss fire, seriously this WildCat XX start to piss me off, and before you tell me you have an an ArticCat for watever years blablabla, THE WILDCAT XX in it's actual form his only 2 YEAR old, so no its not ArticCat usual mechanics or engineering! It's funny how on 100 of side you see in the traills here in Canada you barely see any WildCat, well ppl don't want to be tester for new product, or if they do, they want at least proper services or cutomer cares, there's none from ArticCat at all!! So now it need to go bach to the dealer to find watever make the bike skip! GGRRRR! I'm burning off the waranty then it's gone foe good.
[/QU
this misfire is it at low speed?because mine idel like shit then when it’s hot seems to run better

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, no it's when running, full trottle or not, it's not constante, it's random, goes well then skip, back to normal, then skip ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Québec, had a great ride yesterday, just got bum again on the return with that motor issue. Will try to have it completly unfreeze in my buddy garage and see if it's condensation in the tank or air intake.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts