Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to put it in park and the shift light on the dash shows an "E" no P. Pushed it to reverse and it shows N then one more push to put it in neutral and it shows N. This keep throwing these on and off.
Anyone else have this happen this?

·
Registered
330 Posts
you need to clean out the plug on your shift indicator, it is on the left rear side by the shift cable. I would put a little dielectric grease on it also. mine did the same thing

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to clean out the plug on your shift indicator, it is on the left rear side by the shift cable. I would put a little dielectric grease on it also. mine did the same thing
Hey guy thanks for the reply, got to love this forum for answers!

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well a little update, was out this weekend and the E showed up when I shifted to low and my kitty went into limp mode. Messed with it and shifted to high and it indicated N but was not in limp mode, with have to take it in and see whats up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mine was acting the same way and it ended up being the shift sensor itself that went bad.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine was acting the same way and it ended up being the shift sensor itself that went bad.
I hope its something simple, I take it in this morning, will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2010 Prowler 1000 XTZ. Come to find out the wire to the sensor was against the exhaust pipe and it melted the wires together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts