Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am using wildcat 1000 limited 2015 and I wish to know what treatments I should do In order to avoid getting stuck in the fields and destroying the vehicle.
like checking the oil, greezing and any other thing you find relevant. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Normal maintenance checks, all fluids, wheel bearings, belt condition, all suspension bolts, bushings, steering components, thats What I check before each ride.

Reactions: Frearide

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Change the oil in the rear diff as often as you do engine oil changes. There is only a tiny amount of oil in it, so use a full synthetic, preferably a 75/140 or so. If you drive hard, consider something like Redline Heavy Shockproof. It has extraordinary film strength.

Reactions: Frearide

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
If you tighten the filter the same as you would on a street car, it will vibrate loose. If you tighten it enough not to vibrate loose, it is VERY difficult to remove. The K&N has a nut welded to the end of the filter that makes changing it really easy. Well worth any difference in price, or difficulty in finding it.

You would have to compare filter specs to see if there are any internal differences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you tighten the filter the same as you would on a street car, it will vibrate loose. If you tighten it enough not to vibrate loose, it is VERY difficult to remove. The K&N has a nut welded to the end of the filter that makes changing it really easy. Well worth any difference in price, or difficulty in finding it.

You would have to compare filter specs to see if there are any internal differences.
I second this after every ride i spin the filter with a 17mm wrench to make sure it's tight you don't want to be 3 hours from the house with 3 quarts of oil on the ground like me one weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts