Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the most part we go to the back country either with the S X S or Jeep. This weekend we had no one to quad with so we headed south to the mountains with the RV and Jeep. Friends have told us how beautiful the road to the sun is in Montana. A couple years ago we tried to check it out only to find out after we paid the 35.00 to get in the park the road was closed due to snow or something.

So this time we checked to make sure it was open and when the best time to go was. We got to the park at 8:00 AM and within minutes of getting through the gate it was bumper to bumper with all the pull outs pretty much full and people just stopping on the road to get out and take pictures! It took us 3 hours almost to go 50 miles and we only stopped once for about 5 minutes. It was like a zoo but the only animals we saw were humans. It's definitely a scenic drive but what a shame that it's so crowded.

Made us really appreciate how lucky we are to be able to go in the mountains and never see another person the whole trip sometimes.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Bummer, that really is a pretty road. I was on it several years ago and found the west side to be much more populated than the east side. We also drove up to St. Mary's glacier and found that to be much less populated and we saw a lot more bears on that short trip. I will definitely be staying on the east side next time I go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the west side is the worst for sure. I wish we had of went to St Mary's glacier but thought we better get on the road through the park as early as we could. I really don't think it could be much worse though than it was when we went.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts