Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki has a new V-Twin engine for their Teryx4 and guess what they added with it---------------A WET CLUTCH----Hmmm

Happy

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The wet clutch is a good all around clutch. I don't think anyone has said differently. There are just some of the more extreme uses that it performs poorly in..............

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Rather than deleting the wet clutch, maybe someone can come up with one that can take 140 hp and a lot of abuse. The high hp street bikes do it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, but their clutches are not centrifugally engaged. Im not sure you could get the engagement we need without adding several more shoes/plates and a bigger bell housing/flywheel, which translates to a whole lot of power robbing rotating mass.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I am certainly not an engineer, but I would wager that there is a lot of room to expand the performance envelope of the wet clutch with the use of different materials/design, perhaps a bit more contact area, maybe even some additional form of dynamic engagement to increase "clamping force".

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What's the story with the XP's new clutch design? It seems to be working as expected.
The story is that it doesn't have a clutch. The crankshaft is directly connected to a far superior primary that is sprung open to help backshift and also doesn't bind under load.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The story is that it doesn't have a clutch. The crankshaft is directly connected to a far superior primary that is sprung open to help backshift and also doesn't bind under load.
Isn't that your standard CVT like in the Kawie quads, (Brute,V Force, Prairie etc) and early Teryx???

Happy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Dunno how those are. All I do know is the rzr XP drive system (with a heavier duty belt and tuned pulleys of course) is handling some serious horsepower...here's a 109 HP dyno run:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Wrong link?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm sure in the next 2 weeks - month or so, this whole clutch thing will be sorted out.

Then we'll be discussing ECU tuning, port work, cams, turbo kits...

Then we'll be discussing which rear view mirror has the least vibration for keeping track of all of the XPs....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts